Sydney is getting to the age where she is still a baby but learning to do non-baby things. And learning to talk. She won't say too much, which kind of drives me nuts. She will learn a word and say it like twice before she drops it and refuses to speak it again. Please tell me, what is the reasoning there?
I'm totally proud of her, though, because yesterday, during the disasterous lsu/bama game (ugh, Bama still SUCKS!), she was a trooper. She learned to say "Go Tigers" and throw up her fist in the air! And she did it for the entire duration of the game, whenever I'd do it with her. Today, though? She makes me look like a liar. I'm all, "Sydney, say Go Tigers" and I throw my fist up all enthusiastically. And she's all giving me a blank stare, thinking, "She's totally a goober."
And she has totally taken all my attempts at teaching her some sign language and thrown them back in my face. Today, I was laying on the couch, snoozing, and
Apparently the child was hungry because she knocked me in the head with it about three more times before realizing her diaper bag was still on the floor and had cheerios in it. So the next item to graze my head was the snack bowl.
So I opened it up for her, and stretched back out. Then I got knocked with a capri-sun. GRRR!!!!!
Nothing is more annoying than waking up so rudely. Well, at least today, nothing was more annoying.
I pulled my butt up and got her a cup of milk. Apparently the child was now thirsty. Forget about the fact that she does know how to say Ma-Ma. She does know the word drink, and she certainly knows the sign for milk. Does she use them? NO.
I guess she figures the best, shortest way to my attention is not to sign or use totally cute words. It's not to whine and cry and throw a fit. Nope. It's to hit me right smack over the head with what she wants.
She might just be too smart for her own good.

4 comments:
Ya know, I bet the older kids taught her how to "talk." :)
Lol, well, she did get results.
And why won't children perform on command?
My kids make me a "liar" constantly. They have their own ideas on what to do and when to do it. I have to admit it is more fun to read a story about being smacked in the head with different food items than reading about her asking for it. That's why she did it that way. To give you something to post about!
Post a Comment