Monday, November 10, 2008

Deep Breath Monday

I had a bad morning, and I need to vent. So I can laugh later, and you can all remind me how blessed I am, and how thankful I should be and how funny I'm sure you all will find this.

Because I'm not laughing. But please, feel free to go right ahead. This is my free therapy for the day. I'll be paying for some later.

I was so proud of the kids this morning for getting up without hardly even being asked to. They had been begging me to make them some hot chocolate, and even though their father hogged all the mix, I broke down and made some homemade. Since they were sooo good.

HAHAHAHAHA

I SO should have known better!

Let's see, getting up and putting on their clothes argument free was followed up by whining about lost shoes, whining about me making them wear matching socks, whining about another's smacking their food at the table, whining about a sore neck (slept wrong), whining about having to comb/brush hair. Trust me, the list goes on.

This is about where I could scream. At 6:50 in the morning, with all of this whining, I was pretty much just done. Ready to send em off to school.

My dear 9 year old--the 9 YEAR OLD--came to the breakfast table with chopped hair. Yeah. I said "WHY DID YOU CUT YOUR HAIR?" (Not screaming, just a loud, your-mama-has-SO-had-it question.)

"Uh, because I had some tangles."

"YOU CUT YOUR HAIR BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T WANT TO BRUSH IT?" (FYI: in primary yesterday she braided about 100 tiny braids right over her forehead, so she now has bangs.)

"Well, the tangles were just hard to get out."

"YOU DO REALIZE THAT'S THE SORT OF THING A 2-YEAR OLD DOES, RIGHT?"

She's now sporting uneven bangs that are an inch long and look seriously terrible. Like a two year old got ahold of her. And what's scary is I think she thinks the "bangs" are great. Why not?

She only got validated when we pulled up at the school this morning to drop them off, and her french teacher on duty came to open the van door for them, and says, "Wow, CUTE!"

Do you KNOW what I wanted to say to that woman? Really? OH YEAH.

Bad, Bad, Bad morning. I'm thinking of crawling back into bed.

The Breast Cancer Site

10 comments:

Andrea said...

Please tell me you took pictures!!! That would be great for when she goes on her first date, bring up a picture of her choppy bangs.

I would have been so mad too!! But yeah, in a couple of days you will be able to laugh at it. I can't believe she just cut it off!!! That is crazy!

Erin said...

That's awesome!! There are not a whole lot of posts that I find absolutely ready to roll on the floor, cracking up laughing funny.
So, thank you!! I "thought" I was having a rough morning. hahaha Thanks for making my day look a little brighter!

jayedee said...

chickens! you sooooo need a few chickens! they are much better/cheaper than therapy or prozac!

npage79 said...

I can't believe she cut her hair! That is so funny, but only b/c I am not her mother.

The Sanford Family said...

Yup, definately a go-back-to-bed moring!!! Please take pics!!! I don't know if I would have been that "calm" about the hair especially after finding out the reason.

Camille said...

I remember when I chopped my little sister hair because I thought they were too long, and then after I cut them they were like 1/8 inch off the top of her head...good days! Go to bed, tell everyone that you're sick and then have them try to get along without you. Then they will feel sorry!

Amanda said...

WOW!!!! That is definately not a good way to start out your morning!!!

Although it was a totally funny way to get me through my afternoon!!! Make sure you take some picture cause I'm pretty sure she won't be so proud of it some day! :o)

Mia said...

Oh dang. You are good if you only used the loud mama voice. I am pretty sure I would have full on yelled!!! I think we need pictures.

Anonymous said...

Not good. It sounds like everyone here wants to see a picture. Since I am out of town, I would like to see a picture also. I know that reminding you that I am out of town doesn't help.

Love you,
Steven

PS thank you for not killing my daughter.

Anonymous said...

How funny. Great lesson in life... Perhaps the lesson is to ask Mama her opinion?

But really this is going to be a great story later on.... Cheer up hair grows! It's not like she did it the week before her prom or anything :) I bet you still love her short bangs and all!