I have recently become obsessed with disount shopping. Just ask my hubs: I have spent hours pouring over websites, store ads and printing out coupons. Just this week, between two stores, I spent around $7 out of pocket, got $6 back in some sort of store money and gotten like $30 in stuff! I walked out with several bottles of excedrin, contact solution, five packages of soap...anyways, it's terribly challenging and fun.
Yeah, I know, get a life. Well, I sort of did. I found a coupon for Limited Too that gave me 30% off my entire order. Combine that with their current promotion of buy one get one free--mix and match anything in the entire store, and throw in our need for new webkinz and jeans and maybe a few stocking stuffers for the limited too fanatic in our house, and that called for a shopping trip!
We walked out with $140 in stuff for only $54 (after tax). Well, the store is also running their spend $50, get $50 back in too bucks, plus two $15 bonus cards! Wowza!! A DEAL!!!
Only I used a coupon, right? So at the register, I didn't get them, but that was ok, because I got an extra 30% off, and that right there was over 20 bucks, and why do I really need to go spend more money? And lots of places don't combine offers, so whatever.
But here's where I learned a BIG lesson. ALWAYS ASK. ALWAYS!!!!
Because when I got online this morning to check their policy, and I started dumping things into a cart and realized that buying online was going to give me both deals, I pulled out my receipt to check it out. Apparently, while I thought I was spending the requisite amount, I was actually short 32 cents! The brillant clerk never said the first word to me about "You know ma'am if you spend 32 cents more, you get all these other deals..." Jerk.
I called the store and asked if I could bring in my receipt and buy another dollar worth of stuff and get them. They told me not to worry about doing that, but they put down my name on a list (since they're out of them and waiting on another shipment) so next time I go in, I can just pick them up. "No need to take all the extra time for you to have to come down here for 32 cents."
HOT DOG!! I hit the jackpot again! My little princess is going to be one estatic beauty queen come Santa's visit. It's really just such a shame I can't go blab to her about the effort I've put into such a great deal for her, so she'd see me for the perfect mother that I am!!
And now I'm off to quit wasting time on here, and paint my kitchen. (Gotta get that done, so I can get started with Thanksgiving cooking! Kind of Important!)
Happy Thanksgiving, and more importantly, Happy Black Friday Shopping!!! Hope you get some deals!!

7 comments:
Good for you miss bargain shopper! Limited Too was my favorite store when I was little!
I'm so proud!! That kind of shopping is the ONLY way I shop. I bought a whole bunch of organic milk today (4 gallons) that was 75% off because it expires next week. Next week! Hah! We'll have it gone by the end of this week!
It's a high, isn't it? You're right. AlWAYS ask.
Few, what a shopping trip. I start to feel overwhelmed when all those deals start going on here and there. I am trying hard to cut back on costs with grocery shopping. It's a lot of work to be a bargin shopper!
That was really an awesome deal!! If your kids only knew the deal maker you are!! I love limited too too!!
Wow, my head is spinning. I will definitely have to discuss this further with you.
I am not that creative...but let me tell you, you and Andrea have sparked my interest on WHAT CAN I DO TO SAVE?
yeah for deals! I'm not that smart, I don't have the patience. But if patience is worth the amount you saved, I need to start crackin'
My Girl has grown out of Limited Too, (so sad) but they've ALWAYS been fantastic to deal with.
You go girl. I feel that your Husband should buy you something for all of your efforts in saving the family cash.
Post a Comment