Saturday, December 13, 2008

If I ever run away, you'll know where to find me!

I'm having a rough day. Actually I'm having a rough week. And I can't seem to get over it, past the funk and frustration. And so it builds and keeps feeling bigger and bigger. And I almost feel stuck.

Just when I think I feel normal again, and I take a deep breath and smile, one of the kids (one of two in particular) does another really stupid thing, tells another bold faced lie, and it all comes rushing back, tenfold.

And why, when I tell them, "the Christmas parade is today, so lets go get our rooms picked up and get dressed and we'll get to go to it," do they just shut down. Every freaking time. We've missed the last three parades because of this crap. And they get really upset when they realize we're not going. DUH!! FREAKING DUH!!!

And since this has been building all week long, it really makes getting into the Christmas swing of things very hard. I usually try to make so much effort, and really try to bring the Christmas Spirit in, but I just don't have it in me right now.

This would be a good time to run away...

Now, you know darn well that this is just a rant, and that I wouldn't ever seriously consider running away, and that I do love my aggravating-as-heck kiddos, and that I will get over this. But I can still fantasize of a tropical beach ALONE, except for the hunky waiter who only shows at the snap of my finger...wow, I need a vacation.)


The Breast Cancer Site

6 comments:

The Sanford Family said...

Let's go! Now!

Mia said...

I can totally understand where you are coming from. We all have those moments/days/weeks. I hope you week gets much much better.

Anonymous said...

Ranting is healthy.. keep it coming! I hope things start smoothing out soon.

Andrea said...

UHG, what is with these kids! Mine are doing the same thing!! I want to strangle them. My oldest is being a liar too!! I am going to go buy a bar of soap and stick it in his mouth next time he lies. Spanking just isn't working.

I normally don't like to send him to his dad's house, but this year I am kinda needing the break. It's sad to say that, but I need quiet time!!

And a vacation sounds really nice. I could do the beach, but I am more a hard liqour kinda girl, so jack on the rocks for me!! And one really hot hunky waiter with a cowboy hat please!!!

I hope you get to feeling better soon, Tuesday is only a few days away.

And how come I didn't know about any parade?

Camille said...

I would invest in a hot tub if I were you.

Amanda said...

I'm game, let's go! I've had one of those weekends! I took mine to Silver Dollar City and it was MISERABLE!!!

So much for doing nice things for them it is never good enough!

Again, let's go!!!