So you've probably gathered I've been having sort of a rough time lately. This stems from having a Very ADHD child who's been having a rough time.
I found this quote this morning, and I felt the need to share it.
Sometimes weaknesses challenge weaknesses. Maybe the child who needs patience most has the trick of exasperating you almost past endurance. Maybe the child with a flaring temper that needs control repeatedly kindles your own temper, ... Whether you two are at peace or at loggerheads, the two of you are joined together. This is the child your Heavenly Father has sent to you, and one way or another, the two of you have to cope with each other. Hard as it may be sometimes to figure out, there is a reason the two of you were given to each other. You have lessons to teach each other, and once you've weathered the process, you will each be more of what your Heavenly Father knows you are capable of being. -Beppie Harrison

6 comments:
It's really tough when you try to reason with someone who won't reason. My oldest can be like that. It makes for a really stressful day, week, month. It makes the mom get cranky and the saying is ture, "if momma ain't happy, nobody's happy". I do hope things calm down for you. And it's wonderful to know that H.F. did give us these wonderful children. And he won't give us anything we can't do. Just remember, you are never alone.
That's a fantastic quote. I think it probably has signifigance for all mothers - I know it does for me.
Wow. Talk about a shot to the gut.
You have just given me my favorite quote! That is so my life right now! We are in the middle of starting medication for Claire and it's rough until you get the right dose. She's had some wicked tantrums when her med wears off. ..You know what? I'm going to just have to post this. Any way, I am soooooooooo there with you!!!! I can honestly say I completely and totally understand. Why Heavenly Father think I was the right person for Claire, I don't know.
Wow, thank you for that quote. I will be saving that one for sure.
It must be so hard for you. But it is good to have these quotes to lift you!
Post a Comment