Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Quiet Time Does Not Equal Good

Thought I'd take a rare quiet moment this afternoon to post. Of course, it's quiet because one child is outside riding his bike with his brand new Free bike helmet from school, one child is daydreaming her way through her math homework (which doesn't work so well) and one is writing lines for me.

Yeah, since there's no other discipline that's worked on him, I've resorted to the lines. He's also grounded, and I mean big time grounded. As in he's not allowed to step foot in his bedroom for a week kind of grounded. So to keep the boredom from setting in, he's writing, "I will never treat my teacher disrespectfully again." twenty times.

But that's what happens in our house when you get sent to the office for being rude, defiant and scribbling all over your work rather than do the work your teacher told you to do. Over and over. And when she fusses at you for not working, when she's told you umpteen times to work, and you refuse to pick up your pencil and you smile at her and challenge her, ISI becomes an appropriate discipline. Today, trust me, the ISI is appropriate.

Throw this into the hour I'm trying to rush out the door to get the other son a shot (before they ban him from school b/c he might just infect the other kids with the chicken pox he's already had two immunizations for), get a baby dressed, and get over to the police station at my appointed time, it tends to make me not very happy.

To say the least.

On the other hand, the stupid theives who stole my ipod? Caught! Yep! Case closed, and the detective is trying to return about 60 vehicles worth of loot to it's rightful owners. Glad I don't have his job.

Of course they'd wait to catch them until after I've spent the $140 to replace the darn thing.

But we won't go there...

6 comments:

Minnie said...

I'm glad that the jerk face who stole your i pod was caught.

Another punishment option, clip coupons for Mom, then your sort what you want, and junk the rest?

Laura said...

LOL!! That's exactly what's going to happen this afternoon! I'm behind and have a great stack for him to clip!

Melissa S. said...

So he can't step one foot IN his bedroom or OUT! I would imagine if he can't step one foot in his bedroom that's more punishment for YOU!
I bet the teacher's grateful that you actually do something though. Most parents look the other way.

Unknown said...

Is it too late to return the new iPod? At least you know the old one works with your radio.

Mia said...

I am so glad you got your ipod back, bittersweet since you already replaced it. But I am sure your hubby or one of the kids would love the old one as a gift at some point. Sorry you are having one of those crummy days.

Andrea said...

Hooray for your IPOD!! That is wonderful!! Now you have two!!

And boys, ugh...where do I begin...they are trouble. I think I like the day dreaming girls better than the crazy, house breaking, back talking, boys.

Remind your daughter there are horses to be brushed and riden, and I am in need of her help, only if she gets her homework done. :)'

And I just asked my hubby about time out for woman here is what went down:
Me: Can I go to Time out For Woman?
Him: No
Me:Why not?
Him:I dont' know, what is it?
ME:It's for church, insperational speakers
Him:I don't care
Me: I will be gone for a friday and Saturday
HIm: When is it?
Me:SOmetime in march
.......He went silent

So, I am not sure if that is an okay?? I will bug him again tonight before bed.