Loved your comments on my sick rule. You know, that my kids would guard the toilet with the puke until I got there to see it. Yeah, well, HA HA.
Because today, my little Jake did it even better than that. He just did it in his pants.
At School. In Class.
Diarrhea.
Nice, huh?
I was chilling out at home, enjoying a rare quiet moment before picking up the kids from school. When I got a message from his teacher. "Jacob has the trots..."
So I threw some fresh clothes and baby wipes into a bag and ran up to the school. I sent him in to change and clean up, and when he came out he was ready to go back to class. For a pizza party.
The child just trotted in his pants and he wants PIZZA? Greasy, Pizza Hut Pizza!
What a wonderful teacher to let him take a couple slices home, where he hopefully will be closer to the toilet when the pizza zooms straight through his body.
I sent her a message to ask what happened, and the reply?
"I don't know! We JUST got back from the bathroom. He screamed "Mrs. H, I have diarrhea! Oops, I went in my pants. Gross!" and I told him to run!"
In class.
THIS is why I could never be an elementary school teacher!
P.S. Thanks, Dawn, for the verb trot. Total new meaning for me! And certainly lightened my experience up!
2 comments:
Clayton did the same thing. But he threw up at school and they saw it. Called me and he was fine when he came home. Played and ran around. I think it was the school eggs. Seriously, who eats those?? Yuck!!
And man that sounds nasty, trots?? The poor kid wanted some pizza!! Oh dear, boys, what will they do next!
I can always count on you for a laugh. I'll never forget the day a few months ago when the school called me in the morning saying Claire was sick. I was thinking, "What?! she only left the house an hour ago." When I got there, Ethan was on his way up to the office to tell them he was sick, too. I turned around and pretended to leave (without the kids). I told the school I wasn't taking two pukers home.
Post a Comment