Well, it's official now: I can legally go to jail.
Of course, if the darn school would quit serving my child (who eats breakfast at home) breakfast when it's a minute before the bell rings, I'd not be in this position.
I got my letter of notification in the mail yesterday. I'm a bit perturbed with the school, and even more so at my son. Between him faking sick to check out and his breakfast antics, technically they can haul me away right now. 30 days in jail. Not quite the vacation/break I was looking for, but...
I'm thinking if they'd put me in solitary, I might just want to stay there! But then Jacob said he would rather daddy go to jail than me. Awwww...so sweet, the little monster (I think that sounds nicer than what I started to type!).
Of course if they just start making me pay fines, well, then that child's going to learn the meaning of the word "work."
But for now, I'm still free. I know my blogging has been light the past couple of months, but if I completely disapper suddenly, you'll know why: I'm on vacation in the slammer.
5 comments:
Oh, my goodness!! Are you freaken kidding me??? The schools here are stupid. Don't they see that you have other kids in school and they seem to make it enough??? I don't get it. And tell me.....how does putting the parent, who takes care of the child, in jail, fix the problem?? And fines?? I would be going to the school board!!!
And a side note, I have seriously concidered jail time a nice break. I wouldn't have to cook, only have to clean up after myself. Not worry how may hair looks, sounds nice to me!!
What??
What're they attempting to throw you in the slammer for?
I'm confused.
What happened? That is absolutely crazy. I have 4 kids, one very much full of drama.
She went to the nurse's office at the beginning of the school year and they called me saying she had turned green and almost passed out. Well, I knew she hadn't eaten breakfast (she is not a morning person and was very much crabby this morning). I asked if they could just feed her, as I felt she would be fine. They insisted I come. Little did my darling daughter know, I was having lunch with her father so when we both showed up, she about fell off the bed in the clinic!
Needless to say, she ate lunch and was fine. But I swear, that nurse was lecturing me on what I should feed her and blah blah blah. I am surprised Social Services didn't show up to check out our home! LOL
My son's teacher says I don't pack enough healthy food in his lunch. Ok, Turkey, bottled water, sugar free jello and a cookie???!!! What, that's a fine lunch in my book.
Thought you might enjoy someone else's crazy school stories.
Kitty
P.S. - They haven't taken me away yet, I am still waiting ;)
I'm confused too, they can fine you/jail you because your kid doesn't eat school breakfast. WHAT?
Post a Comment