Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Distress

Help!!!!!

I'm sounding the alarm--I need help!!!

Shut up, not that kind of help, although a happy pill might be nice right about now!

I've had a sick baby for four days now, and it's not pretty. Vomiting, diahrrea, fever, won't let mommy put her down, whiney, the works. So my laundry is seriously backed up right now. And last night, I was driving home from Jake's ball practice, and the child seriously trotted. All over her car seat and clothes. We were pulling into Sonic to get some dinner, and we pulled right back out with no food. And no one even minded because the smell had just taken over our appetites. Ugh.

So we had to wash the car seat--and many thanks to hubs for his help there! He came in from school, and when I said, I just NEED to be done!" he totally stepped up and took over. He pulled the car seat apart and threw it in the wash with a few other things, and stayed up to make sure it dried also. What a man!

But then I pulled it out of the dryer this morning, and while it was mostly ok, lets just say the rest of the load is not.

It's green. Green, as in St Patty's Day green. As in my son left a crayon in his pocket green.

So Ashley has a full load of green clothes now. PUL-EEEEEASE tell me someone out there in bloggy land has a secret for fixing this!!! This. Is. Bad.

And in the meantime, I'm off to the doc with my dehydrated baby. See? It never stops!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wish i was closer so i could help you out. the whole thing sounds like a nightmare. you need a vacation.

Anonymous said...

I found this recipe over at: http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf000550.tip.html Don't know if it will work. Most people are saying it does. Good Luck!

-Kitty

As for the clothes, I mixed together the following on the hot water cycle:
1 cup white vinegar
1 cup of oxyclean
1 cup of shout
1 cup of tide cold water laundry detergent
about 6 sprays of GooGone goo gone