Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Happy Mommy

I am loving the guesses I'm getting over the funky list I gave yall. My favorite, hands down, was that it's a list of what I will pack on my next cruise. Because I NEED to pack screwdrivers, aquafresh whitening thingys and a clay covered lightbulb! Those are absolute must haves when I'm lounging on the deck of a ship in the sun, wearing my bathing suit and being mistaken for a 19-20 year old! (I kid you not, my favorite lounge spot happened to be shared by a couple somewhat older than me, and once we got to talking and he found out how domesticated I really am, the dude said, (exact quote here, folks, NOT my words) "You're not young; You're an OLD b*$%h!" Frankly, that compliment was the highlight of my day! )

Ok, so no, the list is NOT what I will be packing on my next cruise. It's actually a list of items I found when cleaning out my daughter's room on Friday. Don't ask me why she had them, or what their purpose may have been with them.

I, very clearly and calmnly stated to her that this will not happen again. The two and a half garbage bags of trash I threw away will not happen either. I will be on her like mud on crawfish. I understand dirty clothes, shoes, books and toys being thrown around, but that is it. Lucky for her, and the rest of my children, my patience with them has returned. That's actually not sarcasm! And the feeling in our house overall has dramatically changed with it's appearance also. Cause if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Just say a prayer for me that this holds up over the summer, when we are all holed up together for weeks! I think maybe I should start looking ahead to that next cruise now!

1 comment:

The Sanford Family said...

I will pray that you have a "happy" summer if you will do the same for me. I'm treasuring these last few days of school. If I could have them home one at a time it would be great. I love hanging out with them. It's just when they are together. The fighting! Argh!