Yesterday afternoon, I set about the task of molding my children into responsible people. I gave Jake a heaping basket of towels/washcloths to fold, which he did. Quite well, too, I might add. I was a super proud mom. Once he got done putting them away, he got to go outside for the afternoon to play, and he got to try to beat me at Uno after dinner last night too. (Don't worry, I retained my title of Uno Queen.)
I have the inlaws coming tomorrow, so I'm doing some cleaning today. Sucks, but it's gotta get done. I went into the kids bathroom to collect the dirty clothes out of the hamper, and does anyone want to guess at what I found?
YEAH!! The entire load of FOLDED towels had been dumped into the dirty clothes hamper! Unfolded! Mixed up with the dirty clothes and towels!
The little lazybum left them there for me to try to sort out the clean from the dirty! I had to give up and am now washing them again.
If you happen to wander past my house this afternoon, you might want to cover your ears. I really don't need any witnesses.
4 comments:
When I go to do the laundry, I always find clean clothes stuck in with the dirty. It's so much easier to just put them in the dirty clothes pile than putting them away!! How aggravating!!
Oh. Yep, sounds about right.
Had that issue ONCE.
Decided that He got one towel to use and it was his job to use it, hang it, clean it, dry it, fold it, etc.
If he could prove that he could manage that, I'd put some more towels back in his bathroom.
THANK YOU MINNIE! Fantastic idea! Three kids in the bathroom--three towels, three washcloths. Ok, maybe I'll give them two washcloths! lol--Their responsibility. GREAT!!
I would make him responsible for folding all the towels for the rest of the month!
Post a Comment