Lots of posts this week, I know! I'm on a roll, but today, I just need some therapy. Or maybe a nice loud long scream outside. I started this blog as an attempt to find humor in my often overwhelming life, and usually it's fairly easy, but today, well, not so much.
Did I mention yesterday in my list of milestones that she can now get whatever she wants off the kitchen counters? Not that she can reach, but she's gotten resourceful. Her play kitchen that sits against the wall on the other side of the bar is now a ladder. But that's the ladder of last resort, because if she can time it just right, she can catch the stepstool being left out by one of her responsible older siblings. And even better than that? Mama, who was busy off doing something else (*cough facebook cough*), left her newly opened can of Dr Pepper safely on the counter. I can just see her little eyes light up too. "Hot Dog, this is my chance!"
Did I mention the floor was just mopped yesterday afternoon?
Did I mention this was ten minutes after I found the dog up on the table eating someone's breakfast? And that breakfast was his left over enchiladas from dinner and tantrum last night? And that that someone was the one who left out the stool?
She came running out from her room with the biggest smile and holding the now empty can out towards me. She was proud.
I could have cried. But don't worry, the carpet is safe. She got it all dumped onto the kitchen floor where is was quickly drying into a gross sticky mess.
Sometimes, there's not much humor to be found. Sometimes, only a sassy, witchy post will do. Sometimes it just sucks.
2 comments:
I do not know how you do it with four kids. I go crazy with just my two. I have to hand it to you girl!
Is it bad that I laughed when I read this?
Post a Comment