Friday, June 12, 2009

SuperSize

I totally have been a bad blogger lately, I know. Kids are home for the summer, and I've really got no excuse, except I just haven't. So, in the interest of doing some catch, I'm going to give you a supersize post of some pictures of what we've been up to. Prepare for a barrage of total cuteness!! (Ahem, from the KIDS, I mean, but if you think I'm cute too, well, I won't argue.)

Kids had me sitting at the school THREE days in a row, Outside with a 20 month old, for their field days. Their grades were all staggered in such a way, that lucky me had a kid scheduled on every single day! Awesome mom I am sat out there and endured enjoyed each one. They enjoyed it too.


At the end of each field day, they play water games. The younger grades consist of the teacher squeezing sponges on each kids head, which they loved. By the end of the third day, the squid had had enough. She was tired of seeing all the kids get wet and have fun and not being able to join in herself. So she'd scoot as close as she could get to each kid as it was their turn to get sponged, and finally, we just stuck her in. She was soaked and happy!


We went off to the BR to go on a hot date about two weeks ago. Actually, we had a friend who was getting ready to go to JAMAICA to get married on the beach privately, and instead of a reception, they had a send off party that was a BLAST. My dad, in his infinite wisdom, decided my minivan wasn't hot enough for the date (that or maybe he thought it was TOO hot for a date?) and sent us off in this:

My favorite photo caption was "2 Hawt People in 1 Hawt car." Steven agreed. Top down, cruisin down the interstate, no kids, and Kenny blaring on the radio...the only thing to make that moment perfect would have been a beach along side the road, rather than the trees. Boring!

We had some great babysitters while we were gone--and the kids had a blast too. Swimming, getting whatever they wanted to eat, no parents around to tell them no...could life get better for them?




We also hit my cousin's wedding. We got rid of all the kids one night--thanks to all the friends I pawned them off on!--and went drove out to his rehearsal. I was given the honor of reading a scripture during the wedding, and the entire thing was so beautiful. My kids had a blast at the wedding, and I was amazed at how well behaved they were! Of course it helps when there is a live band to dance to, a kids table complete with bubbles, crayons, suckers and fancy cupcakes. They were in heaven!

We crashed a friends crawfish boil one evening, and can I say...YUM!! The girls had a blast, and poor little squid, she just doesn't have enough interaction with other little girls her age. She was in heaven!



Jake had a class field trip at the end of school, and the highlight of the day? Taking a picture of my son holding...get this...$20,000 Cash! See the excitement on his face? Yeah. The dude at the bank asked the class what they could do with that much money, and all the kids were all, "We could buy a HOUSE!" And my son, genius that he is, spoke up. "NO! That's not enough for a house. But it's enough for a POOL!"

That's my boy. Now if he could've just snuck it out, maybe I'd have that pool too.



One more brag about him: UNDEFEATED in Baseball! Champs of the Pitching Machine! Whoo Hoo! They were freaking AWESOME!


And another brag: kid got honor roll for the entire year. Again! His reward was a mommy date, which, even though he looks like he's a little in pain here, he actually loved it. We saw the Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D--total FUN! But then I made him go shopping for clothes...and he had to actually try them on. He's a total Boy alright...HATED every minute of it!
I don't remember where we were going here, but the kids were so adorable!


So the absolute highlight was that Steven and I "snuck" away for the weekend to San Antonio. We had planned just a relaxing weekend, with "nothing" in particular to do, except be "lazy." (Ahem, we are married, people! And not old either!) We decided at the last minute not to take two cars to my mom's house--the plan was to drive them both to Houston, leave the van there for her to use for the kids, and us take Steven's car on the trip so we wouldn't have to take a minivan on our date weekend. Who wants to DATE in a minivan? But we decided it was more pain than it was worth, so we took the stinkin van. We also decided at the last minute to go to Schlitterbahn! Can I say, TOTAL FUN??

Two Hawt Folks + minivan + water park = NOT OLD!!

Trust Me.




I tried to scan our schlitterbahn pic of us in our hats, but the stupid thing wouldn't work on this computer, and we have a lovely virus on the other, so I'll have to get that one out later. And all our other water park pics are on a boring waterproof film camera, so those'll have to come later too. But Schlitterbahn - Kids = FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!! I'm ready to go again. Anyone up for a kidless trip?

We did hit the riverwalk. Our hotel was close, but not right on it. Close enough to walk, far enough to wear us totally out. And get all nasty sweaty. It was fun, but not schlitterbahn fun. We should've hit Sea World instead.

Did you know they have CVS on the riverwalk? I didn't!
Steven's suggested caption: "Laura at CVS with NO coupons"
My suggested caption: "One Hawt CVSer!"
Should we take a vote? I think so. Poll on the side bar! GO TAKE!


Me at the Alamo. The only pics I have of hubs are BAD, so I figure he probably didn't really want them on here. He was happier taking pics at the park, than here.


Summer has been busy, relaxing, lazy and super fun so far! I'm hoping it stays that way! B/c although I'm one less kid for the next week, we have dance recital rehearsals every single day of that week, along with the actual show, and loads of stuff to do to get ready! Yikes!!

6 comments:

gwen said...

Nice update, Laura! It's about time....haha

Anonymous said...

Loved the post!!

Andrea said...

Wait.... now who's that lady in all those pictures? LOL glad to get an update! You guys have been super busy!! But it sure did sound like a lot of fun!!! And that date night with the totally hawt car was awesome !!!!!!! So jealous. Glad to see you all are alive. Loved the pictures.

Minnie said...

Great update. I love the pix of the boys putting their heads together.
Who is the skinny hot chic with your hubby?
Next time you're in Houston ping me. Maybe we can grab lunch.

Carolina girl said...

Lots of cute pictures! Looks like you guys are having a fabulous summer!

Mia said...

WOW, you have been busy. The kids are adorable and you are pretty dang cute yourself!