
Ok, all you ladies out there, Read this and tell me what you think!
The Proposal
I received the sweetest gift for Valentine's Day '08. We were on our way to dinner when Michael decided that he could not wait to give me my Valentine's Day gift. To my complete surprise it was two plane tickets to New York City. He said that I just need to pick a date and let him know when ~ everything else would be taken care of.
While I was preparing for the trip (mostly what to wear!) Michael was
taking the laid-back approach to planning our itinerary. Being that we had both been to Manhattan before, we were going to be spontaneous. I was very excited.
Once we arrived in New York, I was surprised by how unstressfull and
relaxing the trip was. No baggage problems and no getting lost thanks to
Michael. On the second day he had made dinner reservations but would not tell me the name of the resturant. It became our little game to see if I could guess where we would be dining, but I couldn't. Not even close.
That evening Michael gave our hotel driver an address and he drove us to an area that looked like a warehouse district next to the Hudson River. We had arrived a little early so we took a walk on the pier and I looked at the beautiful boats. A few steps later Michael pointed and said, "That's where we are going to have dinner." It was on "The Bateaux", a gorgeous yacht that has all glass walls and ceiling.
As we set sail around the island of Manhattan the sun began to set and
skyscrapers lit up to create a very romantic backdrop. We cruised past the Empire State Building, under the Brooklyn Bridge, past Battery Park, South Street Seaport, Ellis Island, the Colgate Clock and circled the Statue of Liberty. We were served a four couse dinner and had the sounds of a jazz band playing soft jazz and broadway tunes throughout the cruise.Near the end of the night, we danced while the band played on.
Michael asked me, "Is there anything that could make this night more
perfect?" I thought for a second and said honestly, "No."
He said, "What if I asked you to marry me?"
I was sure I'd misunderstood him, so I said "What?" So he whispered, "Marry me?"
I was so shocked that the first words out of my mouth were "your lying!"
Then he got down on one knee and showed me The Ring. "Will you marry me?"
A second later I burst into tears and said, "Yes!"
Everyone onboard the yacht saw us (we were in the spotlight)and started applauding and cheering. Our sweet waitress walked up to us with two glasses of champaign and other guest came up and congratulated us.
It was a truly perfect and unforgetable night.
Yes, it's all real. After picking my chin up off the ground, I am feeling a little jealous. Thou Shalt Not Covet. Yeah...I KNOW.
5 comments:
Who is that?
This would be a friend of Steven's from waaaaaaayyyy back. I told him this is a friendship I need to encourage, apparently!
Nice!! I thought men like that didn't really exist!! Just in movies!! What a romantic!!
I don't know, MY husband does that kind of think ALL the time!!
I know its not the Bateaux in New York... but I did take a look at your sewing machine (took the covers off and glanced inside) and even went as far as to thead the bobin of pink thread for you. You are ready to roll.
Good luck.
Post a Comment