Sunday, September 13, 2009

Haircuts

Long ago, in my quest to be frugal (or my desire to not have money blown on something totally unrelated to me) I learned to cut my boys hair.

Provided that I actually do it regularly, they stay looking pretty sharp and it costs me nothing! I get to save the $10-15 per male and spend it how I prefer. Like on my own haircut. Or pedicure.

Anyway, it's something I've been doing for years now. Like for 4 years or so. Jacob was barely 3 when I started. Apparently he has a great memory.

Tonight while cutting his hair, he kept cringing. And whining. Finally, he says to me, "I'm just scared of your scissors cause remember that once you cut my ear? You're going to do it again, so I'm scared. I'd rather go to the haircut place. I'm not scared there."

NOT a good thing to say to an already irritated mother standing over you with scissors in her hand, don't ya think?

7 comments:

The Sanford Family said...

Yup, the money I save by cutting Ethan's and Chris's hair (which I have to do on a monthly basis since it grows so darn fast) goes toward my hair cuts at a nice salon!!!

Minnie said...

LOL. Sorry that just cracked me up!

Anonymous said...

your kids are brave. my mom still cuts my hair, and i would NEVER tick her off while she's holding scissors to my head!

Mia said...

I am with you. Buy the clippers/scissors, cut hair yourself and spend the money on my own pedicure!

Andrea said...

Hey, I am coming over today with both of my scraggly boys, You wanna cut their hair? Seriously, they are both horrible!! Fluffy long hair, it drives me nuts. And I tried to cut clayton's hair and i cut his ear and he has made me promise never to touch his hair again.

Julie B. said...

Girl, I just love reading your blog!

JNew said...

i tried it, but i couldn't take all the screaming and crying. now pete does it, and they don't cry at all. guess that means i wasn't very good at it.