Wednesday, September 2, 2009

He's a Big Boy Now!

I have a big boy now! At least that's what he says. It's so funny how kids measure that, because when I didn't have to wipe his nasty butt anymore was when I called it. But apparently I was wrong.

Chris, out of the blue the other day, decided to try to cheer me up. You see, I'd just backed my less-than-one-year-old van into my hubs driver side view mirror. In my defense, kids were outside playing, and I checked behind the van before getting in to make sure there was nothing in my way--bikes or whatever--and his car was safely parked on HIS side of the driveway. So when backing up, I wasn't focused on his car, which apparently was MOSTLY on his side.

Anyway, so while we were checking out my hot new dent, Chris walks over and just says, Mom, take off my training wheels! So I grabbed the wrench and did. And I threw them right in the trash! He literally got on the bike while we held it up, and then he went. And that was that! Yay!

But of course I don't have a picture. *sigh* It wasn't so hot of a day!

2 comments:

The Sanford Family said...

I wish potty training Renae would have been that easy!

Mia said...

Woo hoo! No training wheels is exciting. I am bad luck with cars. My husband cringes every time I ask to borrow his car. I can not count the number of dents I've put into our cars...