You know, these days, I'm feeling short on inspiration. I'm so very focused on getting back into a routine and getting the kids settled in school. And getting the house totally great again, even though it never quite seems to get that way. Or I get it like that and the second a kid walks in, all my progress is gone. Nothing is as disheartening as working my BUM off all day, only to have Steven come home and not be able to tell! DANG IT! I need that "HEY! Look what you did today! Aren't you AWESOME!" feedback. It's vital!
My gripe right now centers on the kids bathroom habits. Again. All of them. I'm tired of scrubbing the dang toilet with a toothbrush--and the floor around it, and the back of it, and under the tank, and every other nook and cranny I can find--and getting it smelling all nice and rosey in there only to have boys come pee in there and ruin it.
I thought about just making them do all their peeing outside, as punishment, but then I realized that would be fun. It's not punishment unless it's cold or dark outside. And I'd have to keep the door locked at all times to thwart their nighttime sneaks. So that's not going to work.
And Ashley is quite guilty, as are the boys, of not flushing. I don't even want to KNOW about their toilet paper using habits and handwashing habits. I did, once upon a time, teach each and every one of them the correct way to act in there.
So I think this afternoon, we're going to powwow. In a big way. We are going to go back to step one. I'm talking group potty lessons. On Sydney's level. And afterwards? A big group cleaning party! With me standing over them! I'm talking sweat work.
They. Are. Gonna. Learn.
Dang It.
P.S. I finally updated my shopping blog over here. Go check it out!
No comments:
Post a Comment