Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Ready for Christmas



I can't believe it's the Christmas season again. This time last year we were getting ready to put our house on the market, cleaning and painting and interviewing realtors, in addition to my school finals and hey, finding out I was pregnant. That was a shocker. But it's all turned out well, and now it's Sydney's first Christmas. We put the tree together Sunday night--actually the kids did while we watched. So yesterday when I picked them up from school, Christopher wanted to know if Santa Claus had come and left presents yet. (so cute) We finished the tree last night, and now I get to finish putting up the rest of the decorations. I am so excited that I don't have class this semester and I can get back to focusing on my baking and traditions and all the good holiday stuff. We don't have a fireplace in our new house, though, and the kids are all worried about how Santa is going to get in the house. Jacob suggested leaving the front door unlocked, to which Ashley replied but burglars will get in. So they decided that leaving the back door unlocked was safer. As if!

No comments: