Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Skating

We took the kids skating tonight. Jacob's soccer team had their end of season party there, so we all went. They were really excited too, until we got there. I guess we don't go skating enough, but the older two have done ok before, so I thought they would be fine. WRONG!!! Sourpusses! They got out there and immediately started whining they can't do it, they don't want to. Ashley sat on a bench and refused to move. I had to make them get out there. First I took Jacob around, and he did great. But I guess he saw the other kids who could go really fast and decided he couldn't skate after all. Ashley went halfway around and refused to go anymore. Christopher went around for the first time, though, and it was really cute. He didn't have a clue what he was doing, and took about four times as long as the other kids getting around the rink. Eventually, though, both Ashley and Jacob got out on their own and did better than fine. They did great! I was really proud of them. But, boy, I am exhausted now, and I didn't even skate!!!

No comments: