Thursday, December 20, 2007

4 Year Olds are Smart!

I'm telling ya, they are! Case in point:

1. They have a knack for healing.
My 4 year old is breaking everything! The other night, he broke his...thing. Today, he has broken his ear and his lip. And within two minutes, he is all fixed. I do nothing. Oh sure, a kiss and a hug from mom makes him feel better, and he insists he needs a bandaid in ALL of these places (let me assure you, there is NOT a bandaid in all of these places). But I'm telling ya, self-healing. All better.

2. They know their manners.
Yep, my 4 year old has impeccable manners, doesn't yours? Now, I know he likes to chew his food with his mouth wide open. And I constantly have to tell him to get his hand out of his pants. And he throws trucks and legos at his brother's head. BUT he asks for candy over and OVER all day long, and he says please with a cherry on top?

3. They have an uncanny sense of mom.
And by this I mean he always knows where I am or what I am doing at any given time. My son has the ability to always know when I wake up. Now, I know he's home for Christmas break right now, and this ability seems to be selective--meaning it only works after 7 am. But seriously, if my eyes are open, he is there. Immediately. And he always know when I am in the kitchen. Especially if I have food. It's almost like a dog--they just KNOW. He even knows when I am not making a sound. And he can find me anytime. Like today. I found a quiet moment, snuck off to take a shower and low and behold, here he comes. (This would be the time of the case of the broken ear.) For the record--I am not kissing it better when I am in the shower. Lay on the bed and I'll be there when I'm done.

Also, he can sing ANY song. He may not know the words, but hey, who needs words to sing? Just make up your own sounds to replace what you don't know and you're good to go.

Yep, 4 year olds are remarkable humans. Absolutely amazing.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a very good description of our boy. Love you.