Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Chaos

Merry Christmas! You may be wondering why I am blogging and not playing with my kids or some other appropriate Christmas morning activity. I had to run to my computer to look at my pictures and so I thought I'd do this while the morning's activities are all still fresh. Besides, we have already opened presents, had breakfast and played with every toy. If I wasn't doing this, I'd have to be cleaning up our gigantonormous mess.

Kids have had a GREAT morning. They started it by sleeping late! Steven and I were up by 7:30 and had to wait a good 30 minutes for the boys to move. And Ashley, well, let's just say she's not a morning person. On ANY morning. We had to wake her up.


She went immediately to the couch to hide her face and try to go back to sleep. But her sleepiness quickly turned to enthusiasm when she finally could open her eyes in the light and see that there were indeed presents.

Jacob's first excitement was the LSU bike he asked for. He saw it next to the tree and ran to it and hugged it tight and said "I LOVE IT!!!!" like as loud as he could.


And Christoper, boy what to say there. Excitement just doesn't cover it. Santa brought him his coveted train. And he has been running that thing ever since. He had a hard time taking a break from it to open his presents when it was his turn.




It took Ashley awhile to realize that Santa had brought her the American Girl doll she wanted. But when she did... This is a direct quote "THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY WHOLE LIFE!!!!"
You have to imagine the enthusiasm and feeling put into the caps. She proceeded to hold on to the doll, Samantha, for the rest of her morning.


Jacob opened a transformer he had been wanting for like 3 years, and immediately jumped up and started banging on his chest. What is it with guys banging on their chests? Some kind of instinct. Anyway, needless to say he was excited.



And Christopher was pretty happy with his other request, a scooter. (Don't ya just LOVE the jammies???)



While all the excitement was going on, Sydney did this.


And could have cared less about any of her presents, except a little octopus which played music. Even then, she opted for a nap about two minutes later.


And Steven had himself some fun too. The kids bought him a new pair of shoes, which he was SO proud of (hehehe). Unfortunately the kids picked out a pair that are almost identical to the ones he already wears. Oh well, guess they figured it looked like something he would wear!



And I, of course, had some goodies too. Here's my new Cane's shirt. Little side story: apparently Steven and Jacob bought this one night and left it in Steven's car. I drove the car the next day and it was still there. I would have never noticed it, but Jacob piped up and informed me that the shirt there was a Cane's shirt that Dad bought for himself, not for me, for himself. (This as he is nodding his head and pointing his finger at me.)





One other moment worth mentioning. Santa brought Christopher a tent Thomas. He and dad had a BLAST!!!


Steven has reverted back to his childhood today. He is pestering Ashley with Jacob's little cowboy rifle, and playing with the transformer and all the other fun toys.
So aside from still being in our jammies and the house being an absolute WRECK...we are having a great Christmas morning!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

What spoiled little kids you have!!! Looks like you all had a blast. Merry Christmas!!!

Anonymous said...

Laura,

You are great! I had a great Chrismas with you and the family. Thanks for being the one to share all of this with me. You have captured the morning with this post.

Love you,
Steven