
Yep, today's The Day. I have now been married for 10 years. It's amazing how that flies by, and it's kind of sad that it's gone so fast. We were sitting at the table last night talking about what we were doing 10 years ago yesterday and today, and they are really good memories. We had a good laugh too, thinking of the hives I broke out in right before the wedding. I'd never had them before, and haven't had them since. Ha Ha.
And who would have thought back then that 10 years later we'd be sitting at the dinner table with 4 kids around us. It's amazing and awesome to sit and look at them. We talked about what we thought back then 10 years might bring, and we thought maybe 2 kids. And I look at them and think, which two would I pick? Ashley says I should pick the girls. This of course sparked a great debate among the kids with us as the instigators.
We aren't celebrating really until Friday, when we'll go out. Really looking forward to that meal, since it's the really yummy place we went to for my birthday. But here's something to report: I had two dozen roses waiting for me when I got up this morning. I've never gotten that many before.
And it's a new year now. That always brings some thought as to how the previous year went and how the new one might go. Last year just plain sucked. Well, except for the new baby part, but all the rest was just bad. I'd like this year to go much better. Some things to do:
1. Lose 30 pounds. Or at least lose down to get out of my stupid size 14's, and maybe get back into my 10's, if not my 7's.
2. Finish the stupid geography class with an A. Gotta get busy on that one.
3. Get Steven back in school. Also get him fixed.
4. Get Ashley through the 3rd grade successfully. Trust me, this is a challenge.
5. Go to the beach at least twice. Gotta recharge my batteries!
It'll be interesting to look at this next year and see how I've done. The biggest one I care about is the first one. Of course you are probably thinking that maybe the third should be it. But hey, it made the priority list!!
No comments:
Post a Comment