
For two weeks now, I have been "dieting." This means I have spent my time dreaming of yummy, scrumptious foods that will clog my arteries and give me a heart attack before I turn 40. I have thought of ooey, gooey hot fudge sundaes, fresh hot salty fries, chicken strips with cane's sauce, king cakes with cream cheese strawberry filling, m&m blizzards from Dairy Queen. I have no will power. I never have, I probably never really will. I have been weakened by these thoughts of mine and have given in to temptation more than I am going to tell. It's my little yummy guilty secret! But when Steven is kicking my butt losing the pounds, well, my competitive side is taking over. Unfortunately, it's not always a pretty side of me, and so I do a good job of keeping this Laura hidden. But she's coming out now. And I am getting proud.
My dear hubby took Ashley to Sonic tonight. He called me to ask what I wanted. Now, I usually go for a m&m blast with extra m&m's, and I thoroughly enjoy them--especially the large glob of whipped cream they plop on top. YUMMMMMMM!!!!! And I hesitated. And I started to speak the words. So guess what actually came out of my mouth?? I can't believe it myself. I said, "A grilled chicken wrap and a strawberry smoothie."
Yes, you read that right. I passed up the blast for the smoothie. This seriously has to be a first for me. But you know what? In the morning when I get on the scale, I'm gonna like what I see, unlike my husband who ate a DOUBLE PATTY MELT!!!!!
Who's the loser now, babe?????
3 comments:
WooooHoooo! Go Laura...Go Laura....Go-Go-Go Laura!
I am proud of you!!!!
YEA LAURA!!! You're doing great! We swore off fast-food and all carbonated drinks for New Year's in hopes of shedding some pounds and getting healthier. Dustin has not cheated once! Men have some serious will power. I admit to cheating twice, once because of conveience, and the 2nd time because of a crave. Either way, men are always the bigger losers and they make sure to rub it in. Baby fat is so much harder to get rid of than just a spare tire around the waist!
Yeah, Bekah, I've cheated a LITTLE more than twice--hahaha!
Post a Comment