Friday, January 25, 2008

Neglecting and Bored!!



Yes, I have been neglecting my blogging duties. But the last two days of my life have been BOR--RING. Mostly. Not all--don't worry play group people, you are not included in that! My time with you was full of stimulating conversation that I just don't get with a 5 month old. I seriously find myself talking to her throughout the day about losing weight and washing dishes and decorating the house. And she mostly just smiles. Or yawns.

But there really hasn't been any real exciting or funny or goofy moments around here. We've been doing the mundane child shuffle--shuffle to church activities, to dance class, to cub scouts, to school and back, to good ol' Walmart, etc. I've been bored out of my mind during the days, and for some reason my inbox is unusually empty this week--on myspace, facebook and email. Guess everyone else has better things to do. I have spent my days alternating between cleaning the house and checking the above-said sites for activity. I have surfed for new, interesting blogs to read, and surfed my regular read list for new stuff. I've read it all, commented on it all, and yet I am still bored.

But I gotta say this: As bored as I have been, I have not cheated. Nope, not one time all day yesterday, and so far today. Going on a day and a half. Yep! So the reward was 4 pounds down today. That's only an additional 1 1/2 from last week, but it's better. The problem that comes with boredom is laziness. I do not want to work out. I do not want to change my clothes to get all sweaty and huffy to have to shower and change clothes again. I want to lay on the couch and eat bon-bons, or at least those little ice cream nuggets (Dibbs??) they sell now. I want to let my hair stay nappy and my eyes unmade up and looking puffy and pink. And I want to watch reruns of Home Improvement and play some jamming High School Musical Karaoke that hasn't shown up yet. I can't wait for that.

Don't worry, honey, I have not totally succumbed to temptation. Even last night when I was prowling around the kitchen looking for a good cheat, I just ended the day and went to bed. Unfortunately my sleep was disturbed and therefore the quality just sucked.

So today, I have accomplished this: several morning fights with Ashley, then with Jacob, and then with Christopher before leaving them at school, a good nap that was interrupted by a baby wanting attention, then getting that baby to sleep right about the time I woke up completely (don't worry, my neglectfulness doesn't extend to the baby too--she napped both times!), surfing the web for some desperately needed contact and digging through the mountain for some clean clothes. I have yet to find a pair of jeans.

But I don't care. I'll get dressed eventually. What's important is this:

I HAVE NOT CHEATED!!!!!!!

So there's progress afterall.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. I love you and support you.

Anonymous said...

You are doing good!!!! I have had those NIBS and they are YUMMMMY! But....stay away from them they are loaded with calories! Just think....as my sister says...."No Food In This World Tastes Better Than Being THIN Feels."
Just try to remember that!
Good Luck & Wish Me Luck, too!!!!
Merrianne

Anonymous said...

In the previous comment I left, I meant DIBS...not NIBS....Nibs sounds wierd--!?!?!