Thursday, February 28, 2008

Moby Dick Reposted

Sometimes I wonder what is wrong with Steven. We've been married for 10 years and I feel like I know all the "ins and outs" of who I've married. For instance, I know when I go to bed at night, if I don't beat him to sleep, I'm going to "beat" him all night until he stops snoring. And I know that if I'm on the phone when he comes home from work, he's going to follow me around everywhere and make rude comments until I get off and pay him some attention. I also know that if we're riding together somewhere, I better not be late, because he will morph into "mean-Steven."

But tonight I learned that there is indeed more to him than meets the eye. Take our conversation for example:

me after dinner poking a very tired Steven with a fork: here, put a fork in you, you're done.
Steven: don't poke me with that again.
me: (poking again)
Steven: I'm gonna poke you with the fork. (trying to be menacing)
me: haha
Steven: fork, dork
Me: How'd we get from fork to dork? What's a dork got to do with fork poking?
Steven: didn't you know a dork is a ...(manpart)
Me: Huh? No it's not. It's a weird person.
Steven: No, didn't you know that's where that term came from? When you call a person a dork, you're calling them a (manpart)?
Me: I don't believe you. All my life I've used that term, and all my life I've heard that term, and never one time have I ever heard it used that way. Ev-er.
Steven: Yeah, I read that somewhere once.

So we proceed to decide to look up the word Dork in wikipedia. And as predicted, it does in fact refer to that part. Only not a man, but a WHALE! We're so junior high too, because we had such a big laugh over them referring the reader to Moby Dick.

Unfortunately at this point I happened to show my husband what I'm made of, and I googled the term, "whale penis."

Guess what I got.

I got the Church of the Whale Penis.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

u so crazy! (ha ha)
I never, ever knew the "real" meaning of DORK until you enlightened me with your blog! :)

oh yea...i checked out your photos on your "children" blog...they are ADORABLE!

Anonymous said...

Laura's enlightenment originates with her husband's enlightened mind and experiences. Without my enlightenment upon her... we would not be blessed with such perverse humor.