Sunday, February 10, 2008

Tagged Part III

Number 4:

Before Steven and I really started dating, we hung out as friends. We went out in a big group the night before I took the ACT and I did really well, so we decided to see if we could replicate those results the night before I took the SAT. So we told my dad we were going to see a movie with friends (lie) and instead just drove around, got some food, and basically kept me from getting a good night sleep. Needless to say, I totally BOMBED the SAT's. It was a good thing I didn't need them for LSU!

Number 5:

I have never been to a spa. I have never gotten a professional massage (only the "wonderful" ones from my hubby, who HATES to do them with a passion. I won't get started on that.). I also have never gotten a pedicure. I'm a little hesitant to go the first time alone, since I don't know the routines, and I don't want to look like a dummy. Also, I'm a little grossed out by giving someone my feet after they've been in shoes all day. And letting someone rub my back when I'm still loaded with baby fat! Guess I need to get over that. So, anyone up for a good pamper??

8 comments:

The Sanford Family said...

You are not going to want to come home. I get neck and back messages fairly regularily for neck pain - it works so much better and feels better than pain meds. I've never gotten a pedicure but i really want to. Everyone around here charges an arm and leg, though.

Erin said...

I love a pedicure, but have only had about 5 of them. I see them as a luxury expense. For our anniversary I was in charge of making the plans and I took Bobby with me to get pedicures together. He was VERY hesitant, but then he loved it. He loves to have people rub his feet and I can't stand to touch his feet. The next year when it was his turn to make anniversary plans, we got pedicures again!! lol I've had four massages and two facials - it's nice to be pampered!! Let me know if you want to go.

Jennifer said...

Sign me up! I soooo need a good pamper :-)

Anonymous said...

girl you don't even know what you are missing i use to get my toes done all the time i need to get them done now that i think bout it, it is wonderful and massages are great i loved to get them you will enjoy it u it is so realxing and those people are professional and usually asian too so you don't have to worry bout what they think of ya. go get one love ya DB

Anonymous said...

i thought it was a good idea to set my blog to private. so, if you can't read it anymore, let me know and i'll send you an invite!

i enjoy reading your blog.. it's great, you're halarious and there never seems to be a dull moment in your life! i think you're a great writer as well.

Anonymous said...

If you put an "s" on the end of the word you get pampers. Right now you get all of the pampers that you want with the baby going through them so fast.

Anonymous said...

pamperS !!! Steven is too funny. He is trying too hard to get out of doing the pampering. Are you trying to give him a hint about a Valentine's present (I mean from a professional, not him)? Hmmmmm about the night befor the SAT. I do NOT want to know more!!!

Anonymous said...

Laura..I just had my first manicure the other day and it was great! They dipped my hands in warm parrafin wax, rubbed my hands and arms with lotion * massaged them....PLUS they filed my nails & made them look nice. It was fun. I have never had a pedicure, either, and I am a little apprehensive about it, too. But...I think one day I will get over it :)