I thought I'd update you on my life today since I'm such an open book. Nothing especially big and exciting happened today. Two of my kids had checkups, so I didn't get a full day off from them! lol. When I took the little one to school and the others didn't get out, the teacher laughed at them and said, "Ha, you're gonna get a shot!" I laughed so hard because when she closed the van door, the first thing out of Jacob's mouth was, "Are we really getting shots today?" I tried so hard to talk them into making her feel bad when they checked in by telling her how bad the shots hurt and how they cried, but my children didn't inherit my sense of humor. Probably for the best.
So off we went to the doctor--nothing special there. I did take them over to Books a Million afterwards, although I am not sure why since I just whined about them missing a few hours of school a few lines up. Though Ashley found this really tasteless joke book with a title of something like, "Bathroom Jokes Your Mother Will Love." She thoroughly enjoyed telling me a joke about...who knows what? I tuned her out until the end when my attention was jerked abruptly back by the word poop. Maybe they did get a sense of humor after all. Still can't claim to be mine, though.
Aggravating little boogers though. They wanted Cane's for lunch, we so went through the drive through, because by then, it was TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL!!!!!! The deal was I'd get them Cane's but they had to be done eating by the time we got to school. So when we got to school and my daughter wails that she didn't have time to eat, I got some fine practice in taking deep breaths. She got a lecture. "Did you hear me when I said you had to eat in the car? {yes} Did you hear me when I said it's past your class's lunch time? {yes} Too bad, so sad, babe." I know, I sound so mean, but I promise I only said the "Get out, I'm SO outta here" in my head!
But here comes the highlight of my day. We hooked up the high school musical karaoke game on the playstation. F-U-N!!! Seriously, my kids were like, "Mom, can I puh-lease have a turn now?? You're not being nice." They emphasized nice with a foot stomp while they folded their arms to their chests all huffy like. Know what I said? Yes!! Too Bad, So Sad.
HA! Not really, but that would've been great! No, I patiently explained to them that before the party on Friday I need to get all the songs unlocked, and we have to have points to do that and since I'm the best singer in the house, I have to play over and over to do it. Then Steven comes in and says, Well, why don't you let the girls at the party do the playing and unlocking.
Oops. So he then got a turn before I sent him off to cook dinner. I'm sure he appreciates this! (Love you, hon!)
A little side note: I've never done Karaoke before, but I sure do sing it up in the car! Hey, I guess that would qualify as my number 6!! Hot dog, I found one! Steven and I have spent the evening sitting around and laughing at what I could put on here for the last two things. Mostly we just got crazy coming up with stories that would stop my dad's heart. I know my dear parents are just holding their breaths hoping I'll NOT divulge too much. It really is a shame they'll never know how much fun we had telling stories tonight!! We had some really good ones!!
I could hint though...
7 comments:
Karaoke is so much fun. Especially if it's just you and your kids. :) I love it, but I don't want anyone to watch!
It also helps when you know the words or at least have heard the song before. My turn with the High School Musical song that my wife picked out for me didn't go so great... hence my being sent to the kitchen to cook while everyone else had fun. I know wht Laura is thinking about my comment:"too bad, so sad!"
Love ya, Babe!
Steven
Two things to say:
1) "Too bad, so sad!" - You are your father!!! He says that all the time.
2) It is always best to not tell your stories when your children have a chance of hearing them (or reading the blog when they are 16 and getting into trouble). And you think you have secrets.....we aren't as dumb as you think (or as innocent!)
That game sounds so fun! I have HSM 1 and HSm 2 memorized. The movies & the songs! Libby & Jacob live & breathe High School Musical! I might just have to get that game!
I enjoyed getting to know you a little better by reading your blog. I think we should have a night where you guys show me how to blog better. I have just started blogging. VERY INTERESTING AND FUN.
Well, I can agree with you on this one. I am not a huge game player and my kids got the Guitar Hero for Christmas. And I must say, that is quite fun!!
I try not to play too often or I will never put it down!!!
Guitar Hero! Maybe for Jacob's birthday in September we can spring for this little add on to the PS2. We'll gets some wigs and all dress up like heavy metal people and just plain Rock ON! Sounds fun to me.
Steven
Post a Comment