Ok, rewind to me being 14 years old. I was living in San Angelo, Texas with my mom, stepdad, brother, stepbrother and stepsister. We had a full house. And every monday night we met together for family home evening. And usually they were good learning experiences, as they should be. However, sometimes there was not a gospel theme to be found, try as you might. This was one of those nights.
Don't ask me why. Don't ask me where in the world we got the inkling to make fools of ourselves. We just did. I believe I was only a foolish 14 year old, but I guess the stretch could be made to 15. 15 year olds are just as dumb as 14, but I was definitely NOT older than that. What did you do, you ask?
We, my sister and I, dressed up. I mean we put on the shortest, tightest skirts we could find (which was surprisingly easy for us mormon girls--we just hiked em up as far as they'd go), we stuffed our bras, and put on a couple of shirts that could fall off the shoulder if we let them. We piled on several layers of makeup and did a pretty darn good job at making ourselves look grown up, if I say so myself. (Grown up hookers, maybe) Trust me, it was not only as bad as it sounds, it was also NOT as bad as it sounds.
So everyone waited in the living room for us to make our debut and, ta-da, out we came! Who, you ask? Why, the Judds, of course! We had paper for our guitar and microphone, and we rocked out to the rhythm of the rain!!


9 comments:
Ha ha! I love it. But not nearly as bad as you think. This just gave me an idea about one of 7 things most people don't know about me. hehe *I don't understand the "paper guitars". Fortunately my brothers had tennis rackets, so we rocked out with those. You are very brave to post the pics. :)
Yes, I think it is all starting to come back to me now! That was good fun! We look like such dorks!
So, which one is you? I don't think either one looks like you! But, I sure do remember those days!!
haha, you are a very brave soul!
Haha...I think we have all played dress up. HA-HA
AWESOME! I LOVE IT!!!!!
Rock On Chicky! Merrianne and I used to do "rock videos" back when camcorders were RENTED! That makes me feel OLD!! It was soo much fun! Gosh, you and Ashley look just alike!! Ed and I are going to come visit y'all and your "winter"! We're packing right now and only bringing short and tees. I'm so jealous right now!!
I love it! This is true friendship when you're willing to share fun stuff like that. If I ever get the courage I'll post the picture of me when my Mom got my hair permed.
First its the Mormon Rock girls and now its the entire black back ground on your page here. Just makes me think of black, rock n roll and heavy metal stuff. I keep wondering, "do I REALLY know you as well as I should?"
Love you,
Steven
Post a Comment