
Yes, that said poo. I'm a mom, it's only inevitable that I would eventually write about poop. It's germy, smelly and disgusting. And it's my life. I'm surrounded by it.
Never in my so-cool growing up years did I imagine I would say this. Steven either. I remember the first (or almost first) diaper he EVER changed. Ashley was teensy,
and it was just a wet diaper. My man decided that to save money he would tear the baby wipes in half. I don't know if this had anything in particular to do with this story, but it's something I definitely want to remember and want you all to give him a hard time about it. Who cares about saving money on baby wipes? Seriously, that's one splurge I am fine with.
Enough with that ramble, back to the story. Basically it happened this way: dad takes baby in for wet diaper change, dad takes off said diaper when...KABOOM! The man who has never wiped a baby butt in his life is now faced with a baby IN MID POOP! And not only is she just pooping, but it FLIES! And he's such a good dad, he CAUGHT IT WITH HIS HAND!! She broke him in good.
Yesterday an old friend from my Kentucky days (when Ashley and Jacob were like 3 and 2) reminisced that she remembers when I frantically called Steven to report that my dear children had rubbed poop all over the bathroom wall while in the bathtub. While I don't have this particular memory in my brain (I believe it was traumatic enough for my subconscious to block out), it certainly fits. Poop in the bathtub...yeah, not my thing. Luckily I've been blessed with a loving husband who doesn't mind so much.
I want to interject at this point that she was at the beginning of her child rearing years and looked at my kids at this point and thought, "I'd be able to handle that...what's her problem?" And I'd like to report that 5 years, 4 kids, and lots of pooped on floors later, she gets it!
And just when we breathed a big sigh of relief that our poop wars were over, along comes number 4. No sweat, since this time around there is only one baby around. There are no toddlers, no unpotty-trained boogers running around and pooping all over. One baby, no problem.
So you can imagine my surprise when Sydney woke up from her nap with a diaper-load for me. YUCK! How do you actually poop while sleeping? OR how to you sleep with poop on your tush? But amazingly, it didn't leak this time. I cleaned her up and threw the diaper in the trash.
The beauty of breastfed babies is that their poop doesn't really stink. Oh sure, there's a smell, but it's mild and I'm the only one in my family who recognizes it. So it's very easy to dispose of those diapers. Chunk em in the trash. No biggie. Great habit to be into, until you give your baby real food and forget about the stinkage. I just walked into my utility room only to be knocked on my butt by the stench of poop-n-carrots.
And here comes round 4...
10 comments:
You're so funny!
I remember one time when I was taking a much needed shower (like a 2 minute shower at the MAX) my Jacob pooped & rubbed it onto some DVDs--by some i mean like 100! It was awful!!! I could SMELL the crap while I was in the shower (cuz the door was open & all that) so I stopped, got out, & had to SCRUB everything--the DVDs, the floor & HIM & then ME!! Poop on the butt comes off pretty easily, but poop on the arms, legs, face, head, & belly has to be SCRUBBED off! WHY IS THAT?!?
I am ALL ABOUT potty-training them in 2 weeks: from the week before they turn 2 & the week after they turn 2. Thank goodness my kids were easy to potty-train!!! FORGET THE POOP! It is NASTY!!!
by the way...i opened a new blog for just my scrapbook pages;
www.merriannescrapbook.blogspot.com.
feel free to check it out! :)
I saw your comment on digital scrapbooking---some of the pages on my blog are regular scrapbook pages that I made & scanned onto my computer & some are from a digital scrapbooking program CD from NOVA Development called SCRAPBOOK FACTORY DELUXE version4.0. It is PRICEY, but it was the only one I found that was compatible with Windows Vista (that is what we have on our computer). If you do not have Vista, then you will probably have more software options & maybe they will be cheaper. These can print out as 8x8" or 12x12" pages so you can insert them into your scrapbooks. These print out REALLY WELL especially if the original picture was taken with a good digital camera with 5 megapixels or higher. Hope this helps! :)
I agree with Forrest Gump "it happens"!
One morning I went to get George out of his crib, and I thought he'd had a bloody nose because there was blood everywhere - all over the crib, sheets, wall, his face, and the fingers he was sucking on. Turned out to be poop.
Good grief girl.....you are so funny. We all have those stories......haha
That's HYSTERICAL!
Thanks for the laugh.
Here's one for ya..I, a brand new mom, take little Ben in for a diaper change. I open the diaper, get his tiny hiney all clean and notice it's a little red, so I get a little closer to observe..oh yeah, you can see where I'm going..poop on my shirt, neck, and yes, even my face. Good thing it was a breastfed poop!
It's my experience that baby girls are SO much worse than baby boys.. does anyone agree?
Nah, Jacob was the WORST! One time I was visit teaching Sis. Nelms and I had to get a towel from her to put in his car seat to go home with. It was EVERYWHERE. And I took like 5 diapers to church one Sunday, he used every one of them by the end of Sunday School, so I ran home and grabbed like 2 more and HE USED THOSE TOO!!!! Geez, that kid could really let it out.
Yeah are kids are just full of it. Now that the older kids are potty trained and able to control this bodily function and have the ability to clean them selves life is a little easier in that regard. Unfortunately the trade off is continual poop from the mouth with some of their sassy behavior. Interesting trade off.
Post a Comment