
But mostly I believe it's because Heavenly Father didn't want rain on the most beautiful and important day in the history of our world. The resurrection of Christ is beautiful and the weather this morning matches it. I am so thankful for my family and children, and grateful for the knowledge that my family can be together forever, beyond death. This knowledge is what holds the key to my life: how I live it, what I believe, the choices I make. Because, frankly, I'm on the path and I don't want to mess that up!!
I am also thinking of my nephew Isaac this morning. It was a similar looking morning that I pulled out of a campground heading south to the hospital, after getting the call of his accident. And on this Easter morning, I am so thankful that that beautiful baby boy is waiting with his family for his family. I'm so grateful that Christ made being with him again possible, and that his perfect little soul is in a perfect place.
Easter is, perhaps, the most meaningful day of the year for me. We are not going to church today, but instead are making the drive to spend the afternoon with family. And for me, while today is fully about Jesus Christ and his atonement, sacrifice and resurrection, it all goes back to family. And those are the most important things.
7 comments:
Happy Easter!
I agree that today was a perfect Easter day. I am very glad you chose to make the drive. It was a lot of fun and planted a very special memory for me and I think for the kids, too. It totally reminded me of Easters past and the special times we all had together. Of course today is a day about Our Lord Jesus Christ and I believe being with people you love is the best way to celebrate His sacrafice for us. Now I am going to bed!
Easter is a wonderful holiday if not the most important holiday to celebrate Jesus Christ. You worded it just right!
Happy Easter! Yep....I second my sister's comment....you worded it Just Right!
We chose visiting family this weekend, and we had such a great time! I am so thankful for all that we have in our Savior. He is so good.
We chose visiting family this weekend, and we had such a great time! I am so thankful for all that we have in our Savior. He is so good.
I came through the BlogHer ads. What a great message for Easter!
Post a Comment