So we drove out to Memaw's house yesterday for the big fam dinner. It was fun, hanging out with those I don't get to see too often. Memaw cracks me up, though. She has more energy than she lets on. She has just remodeled her kitchen--new counters, cabinets, appliances, sink, lighting...the works. Her kitchen puts mine to SHAME!! But she loves doing that sort of thing, and is actually very very good at it. It looks fabulous. I should have taken a picture to post. Anyway, we were just going for the day, and loaded up the kids and left, expecting to be home around 9-ish last night.
I should have known, the kids had another agenda. We got over there, and Memaw tells Christopher, "You're staying with me," and he told her, "No Way Jose! I'm staying with Gran and PawPaw." And he was fully determined not to go home, as were the others. So they all stayed--no clothes, no meds, no plans to come home. Should be an interesting stay!
On the home front, it's so quiet here. And not like the kind of quiet that falls over the house while the kids are at school. Like a major somethings-missing quiet. Of course I am taking this opportunity to play catch up. Doing things like de-junking Ashley's room (trust me, she'll never miss the two garbage bags of stuff I pulled out of there) and going on a laundry-folding-and-putting-away marathon. I also hit the gym for an hour and cooked kabobs for dinner and pulled Steven out of the house this evening for a walk. I'm exhausted.
The kicker is that while I have accomplished oh so much, it was NO FUN. There was no one to laugh with, or joke with or yell at or even to help me!! So I will enjoy my quiet time for a day or two, but I will be missing my babes all the while and looking forward to them coming home. Because, frankly, life is so much more interesting with them around.
3 comments:
I agree with what you say "Life is much more interesting with them around". We had a great day together. Went to the zoo, McDonalds, rode bikes, played ball, and had a movie watching, popcorn event (Enchanted). No one really went for the "go ahead and jump in the pool" except Jacob and Natalie got their legs wet and decided it was way too cold. A slight struggle to bed, but all eyes closed after about 4 minutes. Now time for laundry since we are limited on clothes, but I found enough to get by. I can see how you can find lots of funny stories to write about because there is always something fun and interesting happening.
Aaaw..Laura! That is so sweet! I understand where you are coming from. :)
Yep, I miss those little hooligans too.
Post a Comment