I am writing this from the comfort of my bed this morning, where I have decided to stay, at least for the first part of this day. I just tucked my baby into her crib for what will hopefully become a very long nap, grabbed my yogurt covered pretzels and climbed back under the covers. I love my bed.
I feel very entitled today, though. Yesterday wasn't much fun. Daylight savings time totally ruined my morning. (I have decided to blame that rather than my hubby who woke up at the time we both needed to get up and sort of slunk out of bed quietly, leaving me to sleep.) So, thirty minutes later, after he got up, I finally hear him up and about, and pull my tail out of bed and hop in the shower. I should note that at this point, he is pretty much totally ready for church, with plenty of time left over to help a little bit with the kids before he leaves for an early meeting. NOT. I got out of the shower and everyone was still in the bed and no one had clothes out or ironed, the baby needed to be fed, along with everyone else's breakfast also, and I was totally dripping wet. This at one hour before time to leave. I also had to get beans thrown into the crockpot and make sure not the leave the house a disaster since my mom was coming after church. So, needless to say, when Steven came into the bathroom to say he was leaving and I asked if the kids were up, and I got a, "well, they're awake but still in the bed" (and trust me, in my house, THERE IS NO SUCH THING!!) I was a little perturbed.
And things didn't go so well. At best we would have made it to church after sacrament in time for primary, with everyone being grumpy-bears the whole way. And sometimes, the stress of it all is just overwhelming and not worth it. So I gave them a few chores to do, put the baby down for a nap, and got busy myself. And it turned out to be a good thing we stayed home, since thirty minutes later Sydney woke up with fever and the bum-runs. It ended up being a HUGE blessing that we had stayed home, because frankly, we would've gotten to church, settled into our classes and had to turn around and come right home, me and all the kids, since hubby had yet another meeting after church. (Sometimes those meetings just GET IN THE WAY!!) :)
The entire rest of the day consisted of two things: rocking the baby or trying to do everything with one hand and holding the baby. She was so clingy and cranky and just didn't feel well. Even when the fever broke, she was just MOODY. And it didn't stop until 1:36 a.m. when I crawled into bed--finally--with everyone asleep, and then had to contend with Snoring Steven.
I'm sure lots of you have snorers in your bed. They are not easy to contend with. I usually start easy, like a light touch to the cheek, just enough to pull him out of the snore sleep stage. This works once or twice, before I move onto a gentle tap on his arm. I then am usually forced to progress to a harder nudge in his side, before then moving to all out kicks into his shins. He usually wakes up with a jolt at this point with a crazed look, and all he remembers the next morning is that I was beating him in his sleep.
It was a LONG night. And THAT is why I am turning off this machine now and going to sleep. Have a great day everyone, and don't call me!! I will be happily a-snoozin' and visiting dreamland.
And if you have any snore sleep suggestions, let me know--I'm open to all kinds: helpful, spiteful, whatever!!
9 comments:
just plug his nose... when he's gasping for air, he'll wake up and stop snoring.
You stole my blog subject today! I was going to blog about my sleepless night last night as well. I had Matt snoring all night and he wouldn't quit! I was not a happy camper this morning to say the least. And I had to go to work on top of that!!!
He has been sick so the noring was loud and snotty and just not fun at all!!! Here's to a better nights rest tonight! Wish I could have had a nap! :o)
That's the perfect description, as Steven has been sick too. That only makes it worse, and maybe we should kick them to the couches??
Sounds like a NAP was exactly what you needed! :) Hope everyone gets well soon!!
Yeah, boys are fun too.. looks like we're following your sequence-girl, boy, boy, so far.
I make Pete turn on his side and that usually helps for a while. He's not a terrible snorer, though.
By the way, Ashley's blog posts are hilarious. I love this part:
I might say,''What's for dinner'',it is a QUESTION.The reason why is because I am just SO hungry.
I feel so abused. About Sunday morning. I was running behind a bit myself hence the no time to start on the kids. But, hey, it looks like you took those lemons and made lemonade. Good for you.
I feel so abused. About Sunday morning. I was running behind a bit myself hence the no time to start on the kids. But, hey, it looks like you took those lemons and made lemonade. Good for you.
Hey girl! Your family is so cute singing.. I love it. I am just enjoying my few minutes of peace since I just laid both of my babies down... thanks for the laughs also.. amanda
Post a Comment