
I am sitting here trying to come up with a clever way of introducing my subject for this post, and a discussion I had today (which was hilarious) comes to mind, but it is SO mighty hard to write the story without any names! You know, using the phrases, "this mom" and "her daughter" just doesn't flow well enough to create the mood I want to set.
(To me: Well, duh, change the names...)
Lets say mom named Emerald and daughter named Garnet. (I know these are funny, but they would be Ashley's totally favorite picks.)
Ok, Emerald and Garnet are arguing a lot. Garnet says Emerald doesn't pay enough attention to her, despite the fact that Garnet gets the Most attention from Emerald of all the kids in the family. Garnet is seriously overreacting, stomping her feet, banging the wall, just going plain ol beserk. So Garnet leaves her journal out, open on the kitchen counter, and yes, Emerald reads. And Garnet walks in and catches her! She says something like, "Mom, that's the only place in the entire world I can write my own private thoughts and you can't read it!"
Garnet is right, a journal is a particularly private place to record your innermost thoughts and feelings, blah blah blah...I know, I know, I sound so nosey and uncompassionate. I did have a journal as a teenager, which parts of I still have. Sure, it's good to have one. But I did interrupt her at this point of her story to tell her I am NOT against being nosey.
Hence this blog.
I let Ashley start a blog. Just a little private one, completely for just her. No invited readers. Ha, except for me, since I set it up for her. And she has successfully completed her first two posts.
In a complete invasion of privacy, here they are:
[Post One]
My totally aswome party
I had a lot of fun at my party. We had some kariokie going on, but I hardly even got a turn. When it was time open my presents, my friend Savvannah told me to open the one she brought last,so, I did. I am SO,SO,SO glad I did ,because there was a lot,and I mean A LOT.Now, Mom, do not go crazy about this. Anyway,until next time,play safe,work hard,and make today the best day yet.
[Post Two]
HOW I FEEL ABOUT DANCE
Dance,dance.Oh,how I hate it.For example,I might say,''What's for dinner'',it is a QUESTION.The reason why is because I am just SO hungry.Actaully,I think I should stop dance because...yes,yes,yes,it includes the reason above,and because my JAZZ shoes hurt my toes[to tight],to long,[ecspecialy Monday's BALLET and TAP]it's a waste of my preciose time[JAZZ to].So, Mom,please,oh,pretty please,whipped cream,rainbow sprinkles,and a cherry on top,don't make me go to dance anymore.
Is this not completely awesome?? And for all those who are outraged I would read my child's private thoughts AND MAKE her go to dance class, she actually LOVES it. She also likes to get a reaction out of me by complaining about it. Forget about the fact that she sashay-ballchanged to the table tonight for dinner!
7 comments:
OH MY THIS WAS GREAT! My mom read my journal while growing up. And to be honest, I read my childrens. It is an invasion of privacy, but it is the only way to know really really how your children are doing. And if anyone agrees, keep it to yourself, because my mother gave me permission to do it...in fact, she told me to. lol
Or maybe Ashley is using her blog to tell you what she really wants to tell you. We used email recently as a way to communicate on a very controversial topic so everyone could say what they wanted to uninterrupted. Hmmmmm....Let her keep writing and keep reading!
I just laughed out loud!
That's FUNNY!
OK, I am getting the hint that you are a slight CONTROL FREAK! I am just kidding. Just keep in mind you will only be able to get away with this for a few more years and then she will go crazy that you are reading her inner most thoughts!
Keep up the good work!!!!!!!! :o)
Sometimes being nosey is a good thing...like reading your kid's journal! I think your a good mom for keeping up with her thoughts and feelings and insisting she keep trying with dance. I think your blog is really funny and I enjoy reading it! I'm glad we have something like this to keep up with each other. It's been great!
I agree....SOMETIMES being nosey is a good thing for Mommas to be. Especially when they become TEENAGERS!!
Post a Comment