Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Off the Wagon Already

Think of a room full of boys--they could be any age, but let's pretend they are say...first graders. Pretty rowdy when ten or so of them are together, right? Imagine them in a small room--a bathroom--unsupervised. So they are expected to go in and do their business, wash their hands and get out back to class quickly. Without an adult in there corralling them. Can you picture what they might do? What if one boy, with his pants down from peeing, decides to chase after the others in the room. I can just see him gleefully running around in circles, yelling I'm gonna get you! Can you see this picture?

This is why today I drowned my sorrows in my cane's chicken and sonic blast. Maybe I'll do better tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So it's your kid doing the chasing. And peeing???? Yikes! You will never lose weight because they are always creating some kind of stressful event and they are not even teenagers yet. You need an alternative stress reliever, like exercise!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I would have fallen off of the wagon, too!!!

Anonymous said...

Shoot. I guess I need to build some guard rails on the wagon to keep you from falling off. I'm surprised you aren't showing more bruises, cuts and scraps from falling off so much. But I agree it is a hard wagon to stay on especially with all of the bumps and curves in the road.