Friday, April 18, 2008

Gran's Big Frog Winner

A Note for Gran:

You would be so proud. Our annual school frog jumping contest (yes, we actually do this at public school here) was today, and your sweet boy WON!! Turns out those nasty little tree frogs that latch on to your house and leave little black specks of poo all over your siding are actually fast little boogers!

To make you prouder, his teacher reports he wouldn't touch the frog. She was thoroughly disgusted by the creature, and even sent a note home to parents stating specifically that if your child won't hold the frog himself, do not send a frog, as he will NOT be getting help from her. Great boy that I have insisted that he would not do it and insisted she needed to. What a great teacher he has. She's such a trooper. She pulled out the frog and got the race started for Christopher. All without wearing any gloves. Eugh.

After school, we tried to get him to hold the winning frog to take a picture, but he was having none of it. We got a couple of shots with Steven holding the frog in front of him, but seriously, it's just not the same. Oh well.

He was just in a mood.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love those little green tree frogs. They actually let go of quite a large volume of frog pee while you try to catch them. But don't worry, the whole frog pee and warts thing is a myth... I think... I hope!

Steven

Anonymous said...

I am totally disgusted as you know. If I were the teacher, that would have been a personal day for me because if I were at the school, I would have ended up in the hospital. NO WAY would I come anywhere close to a frog jumping contest (sorry to say even for my cute grandkids). They are on their own.