I am sleepy sleepy tonight, but I've been major slacking on the amount of real writing I've been doing. So here is my attempt to put some life back into my blog.
Today started out very very plain. Or in other words, sucky. Yes, I use the word sucky. I prefer it to other phrases that could pass my lips, but since Jacob threw out the phrase, "What the hell" tonight, I figure I'll keep them to myself. Ha Ha, like he's not going to picky up "sucky" and start saying that!
Disclaimer: He did NOT get that phrase from me. I am very very good at refraining from such language--not just in general, but especially in front of my kids. Although I am sure it has slipped once or twice over the course of his little life. He probably remembered it from like 4 years ago.
Anyways, so I've been promising myself I would weed the "garden" for a week or so now, but I've been so very busy. Last week I kept saying, "On Monday, for sure." So today, I wake up and haul to the gym, sweat all over the elliptical, and mosey on home to weed. No sooner did I get the baby down for a nap and head outside, put on my gloves (b/c no way am I getting that nasty mud under my fingernails), and pull 4 or 5 fistfulls of weeds did it start raining.
Well, I felt the first few drops on my back, and I was oh so motivated. So I did what any self-respecting woman in a white t-shirt would do--I kept right on weeding in the rain. Got very wet, very cold, and lots of those pesky weeds are now sitting in a pile rotting.
I completely know how dumb that was, but it sure makes me sound good, doesn't it!
So tonight we were sitting at the table listening to Jacob ramble on. That kid can talk. It must be in the genes. But he started telling us about having a stomach ache at school, and his teacher wouldn't call me or do anything about it. Of course this was troubling to us, so after exchanging a look of concern, we asked him why his stomach hurt.
He's all, "Well, I got my breakfast this morning, but I forgot to eat my food."
And he was genuinely confused when we bust out laughing.
So there you have it, the highlights of my day. It was cloudy, drizzly, and just plain sucky.
3 comments:
You wonder what was going through his mind to think that was a serious issue that he "forgot" to eat his food. He does like to tell a story. And he is usually VERY serious about it! And entertaining, too!!!
That's so funny! Was he too busy talking then too?
Well, If you are making an effort to write up this blog I guess I need to make an effort to make a comment. I know how you like to get comments on your posts.
What is funny about Jacob's new phrase is that a lady at work was telling me about her grandaughter. Apparently the grandaugher, which is 3 years old by the way, has taken to using that phrase. So I was really surprised that Jacob said it and I actually had to force myself not to laugh because of the story from the lady at work. It is almost too coincidental.
Oh, and about tonight... I LOVE it when I'M RIGHT and YOU are Wro-ONG!
Let me enjoy this because it doesn't happen all that often. At least when it is completely undisputable. I often let you think that you are right just to avoid furthur discussion on those matters.
Anyways I hope you enjoy my little comment. I am tired and ready for bed. I would say that I'm completely bushed but actually I'm completely Tree'ed after planting your trees in the yard today.
Love you a whole bunch...
Steven
Post a Comment