It does make me feel good to hear that, but that's not why I chose it. I chose it because the nearest school to our house was full, and they next closest one wouldn't ever answer their phone, so I got a recommendation to take her here.
The
But that's not why she's fabulous. I think she's fabulous because she yells. Really. She personally oversees every class, so she only needs a small handful of teachers to teach, I believe there are 4. She spends probably at least half of every class period with the classes, and she knows every single student's name, along with who their parents are and their names also.
She expects obedience and discipline from her students. She expects them to listen, and try hard and do whatever she tells them to. When they don't, that's when she yells. Or I prefer "loudly fusses." And let me tell you, this lady: the only person my daughter is actually scared of. Respectfully scared, to the point of she will not do anything wrong around her.
WOW. Um, HELLO!!!! Can I bottle some of that up and take it home? There has never, ever been another soul she's been that way with. And she's not a monster at all, actually I find her quite funny and charming.
I don't think Steven ever quite understood me when I said this lady is tough.
Tonight we were sitting in the theater for the dress rehearsal. One of the legions of requirements of the recital costumes is that every child must wear these particular earrings and rhinestone hair clip. Mandatory earrings, ok? She gives them to you, and you must wear them.
One of the classes went off the stage, and from the wings, we hear on the loud speaker, "Sorry, we lost an earring out there." So they find the earring, and are about to proceed with the program when we hear, "EXCUSE ME! The child who lost this earring will not be getting it back. It is going in the trash as it is not the correct earring. The parents will have to come to me to buy a pair of the CORRECT ONES!!"
Steven cocked his eyebrows at me, his mouth turned into an "O" and he said, Wow.
I think everyone in that auditorium sat a little straighter and got a little quieter when that happened.
*sigh* If only I could have that effect myself. Think of the angels I'd have then!!
5 comments:
Where does she go to dance school??
wow..that's brutal! we need an update on Sydney's swim class. Surely her teacher isn't so tough! :-)
Yeah could you see Ashley's dance lady teaching the Sydney swim class:
Sydney closes her eyes before going underwater. Lady yells, "you may NOT close your eyes or show FEAR of the water in ANY way! NOW give me fifty laps around the pool!"
Fun stuff. And we are actually paying for this kind of stuff.
I remember a 2nd grade teacher at my elementary school. I never had her but there was the same sort of reputation proceding this lady. She caused a great deal of fear for all of the elementary kids. I believe she ended up retiring. When I moved from the seventh grade to the eighth grade I found out that she was going to come out of retirement and teach Eighth grade reading. Holy CoW! That same elementary kid fear came back. English and reading type classes were not my favorite and I did just mediocre. I knew that I was in for a tough year. Well it turns out that she wasn't all bad after all. She just expected the kids to perform at a certain level and she didn't budge a milimeter on the rules. So once you figured all of that out she was quite easy to get along with.
I guess with these two examples the point I'm making is : why can't we get that kind of performance (behavior) out of our kids. Probably because we don't set really clear rules or when we do set up ground rules we are not consistant in enforcing the rules and consequences. Aw phoooeyy, I guess we can just leave the tough lady stuff to the really tough ladies.
Steven
I typed the most, I typed the most...
I am not going to compete with Steven on who typed the most. I just want to say that I watched Ashley's tape of the show last night on the big screen tv and I am again impressed at how well she did. Whatever that nazi lady is doing she is creating girls that are learning dancing skills and performing in front of large audiences. Even the really little kids were all together and seemed very confident. Ok Laura - the challenge is on for Nazi Mom!!! It may be worth a trial period to see if it would work???? I couldn't do it - that kind of stuff makes my heart pound.
Post a Comment