Well, we have a new way to torture mom skill. Or rather, game. It seems my darling 10 month old baby has learned how to throw.
She has figured out how to throw a ball to her dad, how to throw her bottle, and then in the bathtub, she proceeded to throw out her toys, over and over and over again.
Yes, it's cute, but I am just imagining the next few months, as she throws toys at her brothers and food at me. Currently I am watching her open and slam shut a cabinet door. She has thrown out paper plates all over the floor.
Walking and throwing, what else does a baby need to know? She's got a great life, now that she knows how to play.
We've also discovered another game. It involves her sticking a toy in her mouth, then standing up to me and putting the other end in my mouth while she lets go. And then I give it back to her in the same way. So cute. Not so annoying as the throwing.
But today, she's been a little whiny. Whining and following me wherever I go. Whining when I take a step away from her side, even if it's just to pick up a cup a few steps away from her. That's way more annoying than the throwing!
But tonight, as she whined at me when I was walking out of her room and I swooped down to pick her up and carry her to the kitchen with me with her riding on my hip and holding on to my shoulders, I got a different picture.
It's so hard to put into words. But the music was on in the kitchen, and I started singing and dancing with her. And the pure joy and adoration on that baby's face melted my heart. Why wouldn't she want to follow around the one whom she loves the most? And how awesome to be that person for someone. To be loved so much she can't bear to be away.
So after that inspiring moment, we retired to the floor to play a new game of "give the toy to mom with my mouth," and she just smiled and giggled and laughed and babbled.
And all is right with the world.
4 comments:
It all depends on our perspective of any situation. Finding the positive viewpoint tends to make everyone happy in the end. And what a great feeling to have someone want to be with you so bad. Enjoy it.....it most likely will not last.
Funny how you can be about to lose your mind and then they do something that makes your heart melt, no?
By the way, I sware she gets cuter in every picture.
I usually get annoyed when George is being too clingy, so I'm glad I read that. Thanks!
What a great attitude you have. I wish I could be more like you.. to slow down and enjoy those precious little moments that so quickly pass away. Thanks for sharing!!
Post a Comment