Monday, July 7, 2008

A Wise Science Wiz

While sitting here at the computer this morning, my attention was drawn to some movement on the sidewalk outside the window. And I have to say with complete horror, that I saw a grasshopper the likes of which many will never see, walking down my sidewalk. This sucker was at least 5 inches long and just as tall and thick, making it totally disgusting.

Jacob was fascinated. He watched at the window (since that's what a tough boy does) and said to Ashley, "We have got to go catch it! You can study it!"

To which Ashley replied, "I am not doing a dissection on that. No way."

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh my!! Louisiana sure has some huge bugs!!!

Minnie said...

I sware you're kids are good for making me laugh once a day.

Anonymous said...

thankfully, my kids are scared of mostly anything that creeps or crawls. i'm liking your new page layout.. very cute!

Anonymous said...

I agree. Great Job on the layout. It really looks good.

I am sure that it would have been a seriously interesting situation if those kids tried to catch that bug.

Love you,
Steven

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

I love your new blog....I am curious as to how you did it. And as usual you keep me entertained. ;)