Well guys, this is it. As I type, I am taking a break from packing and cleaning. We are hitting the road to run from Gustav.
Of course, we are headed directly where one of the computer models shows the storm going, but almost all of the others head it right on here. We'll be camping at my mom's house northwest of Houston, and if all goes well, I will get to drag my hubs around van "browsing" (to use his word.)
If not, well then we'll weather the storm out there and revel in their underground utilities. Kids aren't going back to school until Thursday, if the storm goes elsewhere. I believe after Rita, school didn't go back for 6 weeks. After the summer I had, I will need all of your prayers if this happens again now.
We are going to brave the traffic tomorrow and hope to stay on out of the way roads. It will take us around the world to get there, but then that's better than running out of gas on the interstate, right? And we are packing swimsuits and will be utilizing them until the rain falls and the lightening strikes.
Hope the rest of you around here fare well, and have good trips. So far I haven't heard of anyone staying to brave the storm. I guess we all learned our lessons from 3 years ago. Better safe than sorry.
I'm not sure how my internet access will be at L'Hotel Carol, so I will just sign off and say ta-ta! Hope you miss me lots!!
4 comments:
I guess I am the crazy one. I am thinking of staying. Crazy right? I haven't packed anything. My husband thinks we will be okay. I don't know. There is a lot to think about. We won't really know a whole lot until Sunday. And I think i am getting the stomach flu, so I don't know how good I will fare in a car. Have a good time in Houston.
It's always good to learn from our mistakes. I don't envy your the voyage you're going to have to endure. If you have the kids for another 6 weeks at home I will truly keep you in my prayers.
good luck to yall. we're in fl now and ready to leave here too if hannah or gustav decides to crash our party. here's some reading material for ya:http://stepheniemeyer.com/ (the aug 30th part II post) take care!
Laura I'm glad you made it ti safety! I have been watching all weekend. My aunt and uncle stayed in Thibodaux, his back is too bad to travel. They have alot of debris, but are unharmed. Praying for you and your fam's safe return! LoVe ThE BlOg!!!!!!!=]
Post a Comment