I hate coming up with titles for posts. I can't be clever, b/c I don't have the clever-est brain. I am sitting here trying to think what to title my post, and I have no idea. Maybe it will come to me while I am typing.
I figured today, I'd just tell ya a bit about my day. It was eventful, and not quite how I had planned to spend it. But then, when a hurricane's a-comin', ya gotta get out and do what ya gotta do.
Luckily I did not have to elbow, shove or kick anyone out of my way to get my water in Sams. Sams was packed with all us unprepared people trying to cram water and beer shopping into the last minute. I waited in line at the gas pump, and at Sams, and it was a bummer.
I went to the regular grocery store to avoid all the morons at Walmart, which I guess, since there was no crowd, was fairly smart. But you really never ever know when you will be thrown into a situation you didn't ask for that totally shakes you and throws your day off course.
That happened to me today. I was the only witness to a lady grabbing my buggy (with my baby in it) and falling backwards flat onto the linoleum floor, hitting her head and having a seizure. She terrified me and I panicked. I started screaming for help, and of course we were in the corner of the store and there was no one for at least three aisles. So no one came when I screamed. I panicked, left my baby (strapped in, thankfully) screaming in the cart while I ran screaming "HELP!" to the front of the store.
I just don't get why everyone moved so freaking slowly when they saw me wide-eyed and running and yelling in an otherwise calm place. I'm sure their first thoughts were, "Crap, a nutcase is loose here."
But I got some help, and called 911 for the first time in my life, and then proceeded to watch a man give her chest compressions, then the lady vomited and choked and continued convulsing. Freaking scary.
It took me awhile to quit shaking. But I'm glad I was where I was when I was, b/c with no one around when I started screaming, who knows how long she would have convulsed before someone happened on her. Scary.
Poor Londie, though. I was chatting away on the phone with her about our evacuation plans when she heard me say, "What are you doing?" then "Are you ok?" then Syddie started screaming and then I started screaming "HELP! HELP! HELP!" and then I hung up.
When I called her back, she picked up on the first half ring. Think I scared her?
4 comments:
Oh my goodness! I can't believe that. I hope the lady is okay. I would have freaked out too!
I laughed when you said that everyone thought you were a freak in the store. I do hope the woman is okay.
Wow, what a story. Poor lady, and your poor friend. If I had been on the phone with you I would be freaking out. You did good getting help for that lady. I've had to call 911 a few times for work. I hate it.
Dang. You handled that very well! I would've freaked out!
You are my hero!
Did I tell you about the time that a dude had a sesiure in my college biology class while sitting in the lecture hall? At first his arm like hits up against mine and I was thinking, "hey dude, get over." If you recall the seating was side by side with the fold up desk top. Soon after his arm hit me he flopped out of his seat and convulsed and stuff on the floor. I just kinda sat there thinking, "what am I supposed to do." Luckily another student ran up and said that she was able to deal with the situation. He very quickly recovered and was a bit disoriented but stuck out the rest of the class.
Another time was in the General Preisthood meeting at Stake conference in Paducah. While saying the closing prayer, which was being offered by Brother Kent Page, a fellow screamed really loud. It is not normal to hear someone scream in the middle of a prayer at a mormon church. Some other churches maybe but not the lds church. Brother Page was real cool about it, he just stopped the prayer and waited at the podium until the dude completed his fit. After all was calm Brother page completed the closing prayer and we all went for ice cream in the cultural hall.
Post a Comment