Had a mostly horrible trip too. I thought this evacuation would be a good labor day vacation. The kids were out of school some extra time and there are beaucoup things to do in Houston. We were pretty excited!
We took two cars over so Steven could come back early if need be. Thank Goodness we took two cars. Thank goodness I waited on him to follow me instead of leaving earlier. Traffic was horrific. I spent almost 8 hours staring at this:
On the way, we stopped and Steven did this:
So once we got to town, we went shopping and bought this:

That would be my brand spanking new van. We left the old one there. Good riddance.
So what inevitably happens when you buy a new car and have four kids? Yep, you guessed it. Said kids get sick. The kind of sick where you ban them from your vehicle. The vomiting, puking, whiny, poopie kind of sick.
So now I'm the only person in my household to not have this virus. Please pray for me.
And on the way home, they did so well. I put the pukiest kid in the back of Steven's car for the trip. After staring at more traffic, and this:
(A picture of my brand new speedometer while I was moving!) we stopped at McDonald's.
My apologies to the lady in the bathroom wiping her ankles and feet. I had no idea he was going to spew. Really. I feel terrible.
We are now home, with electricity. Whoo Hoo! Hopefully things around town will return to normal quickly and I can buy a freaking gallon of milk!
7 comments:
congrats on the new van!
too bad it was such a bad trip, but it could've been worse...my sis-in-law once spewed all over herself repeatedly while stuck in traffic 800 miles from home with no one but her 4 kids, including a baby, for company
btw, i was planning to go to bed at a decent time tonight - until you told me about the 12 leaked chapters of midnight sun. now i'll be up all night!
Like the new van. Sorry the trip was a bust.
Love the new van!!
And, I know exactly what you mean w/ the kid throwing up in the car.. we just got back from my parents' and Madi puked all over the place. Ugh, so nasty.
Good for you! I like the van!!! I love that your kid puked on someone in the bathroom!!!
Love the new van! Not loving the puking, huh? Of course that would happen after buying a new van. It's a guarantee! I would have been committed to an insane asylm after all that - especially the 8 hours in traffic. I have no patience for traffic - one good reason we live in an more rural area.
I do not know how I missed this post, silly google reader! I love your new van!! See evacuating can be worth it!! And I so know what you mean about kids and doing stuff in a new van. Yesterday I was cleaning up root beer. Uhg.
Post a Comment