I was in the office the other day to overhear one of the principals telling the secretary that someone (I assume police) would be coming to take statements from the elementary kids that were on a bus that morning who witnessed a fight between middle schoolers.
This would be why I waste my $4/gallon gas and spend 30 min. in a line picking up and dropping off my kids myself. Putting em on the bus just gives em another aspect to their education I'd rather they not have!
7 comments:
AMEN! Around here, they pile all the kids on the same bus.. kindergarteners are riding w/ highschoolers.. over my dead body if my kid ever rides the bus.
My pre schooler rode on the bus with high schoolers. Infact the entire school is in the same building. But the little kids sit up front and the big kids sit in the back. Good old lacassine. The entire school pre K to 12th grade has about 400 students. Super tiny.
I hear ya! I work at a job I dislike for low pay just so I can keep my flexible hours in order to drop off and pick up my son!
Yes those school bus rides can be very interesting. Or should I say scary.
I know what you are saying, but here is what Brett said this week, "The second best thing about school is riding the bus." I think the first best thing is recess. I am glad my kids bus ride is short though.
I am with you. Colby doesn't ride the bus for that very reason, and my son would go to the back of the bus to hang with the big kids, and learn things I hope he'll never learn.
Ah, the school bus. I remember all of us elementary kids and high school kids all on the same bus. I learned some stuff that I'm sure my momma wouldn't have approved of. And I been involved in a fight or so resulting in inviting not to ride the bus for a week.
Fun times....
Post a Comment