Monday, August 25, 2008

A Third Passenger Door?

I've been car shopping. Well, kind of. I've been perusing the internet for a great deal on a newer van. I don't feel like I'm too picky, and as much as I'd love to have all the bells and whistles, it's not necessary. I do, however, have a list of "requirements" that I will not settle on.

With that said, I am shocked by some of the listed features that are supposed to sell you on a vehicle these days!

For instance, a third passenger door. On a minivan. I'd even go so far to say these days that a fourth door is standard, so why even bother listing a third door. Like it's a perk, or a privilege, to have a third door! On a van!! (They also had the fourth door listed separately.)

Air conditioning, cloth seats, AM/FM stereo, and wheel covers are all on the list. Really...like I would be dumb enough to buy a new minivan without these! Well, let me correct myself. I would actually purchase a van without the cloth seats, but it better have leather there under my heiney!

And wheel covers! Really? Like I can't tell walking up to the vehicle that there aren't any on there? Do car dealerships really think we are this dumb? They give us a whole huge long list of "features" and we're supposed to get all hot and bothered b/c we're getting beaucoup crap?

Just a few thoughts. That's all.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I like a third door, and a fourth. What year is that van if it only has three doors? My goodness.

I do like to know that it has a radio!! LOL!! I think they put those things to make people feel like they are buying a lot.

I love love love my Honda!!

npage79 said...

I hate car shopping so good luck with that.