Well, we're in countdown mode. Or some of us are, anyway. I talked Steven into taking Ashley to her very first REAL concert--Carrie Underwood. Tickets have been tucked away for several months--we had to hide them in the safe with the insurance policies during the hurricanes--those suckers are important!Steven is not so excited. He hates her. He thinks that her song (Before He Cheats) about the dude cheating on her and her taking a baseball bat to his headlights and slashing her name in his leather seats and next time he'll think before he cheats is horrible. He says she (the chick in the song, who he assumes is Carrie) should be in jail. And how dare I listen to that song in front of my 9 year old. Bad influence.
And then out comes the Last Name song--the one where she's out dancing and meets some dude on the dance floor and they start talking, throw in a few drinks and the next thing you know she wakes up in Vegas and doesn't know her own last name. That only served to prove his point.
Forget about the fact that my hubs can listen to all the heavy metal crap he wants. But Carrie Underwood? No way. She's a "wailing chick." Gives him a headache.
He can't believe he got talked into going with us, and his exact words were, "All I have to say is she better be hot."
Don't worry hubs, I don't feel sorry for you, having to look at her for two hours. I'm sure if I looked that good, well, you wouldn't see us out very often (wink, wink).
Ashley and I are counting down, and the Carrie marathon has begun. Carrie Underwood on the ipod for 5 days. Driving to Houston blaring her songs for hours. Driving to the concert singing at the top of our lungs. Oh yeah. Is there any other way?
He's gonna want to scream!
10 comments:
Look at us both posting in the wee hours of the morning!!
It sounds like you are going to really enjoy that concert..your husband will too, men think that if they start to like something that women like, it's like they're loosing their manhood. But secretly inside they want to do whatever we do!
what am I posting? loosing? crazy early morning. I know it's losing...
I'll GLADLY take Stephen's spot.
Have to say I agree with your husband about those two songs. I want to like Carrie Underwood!! But she's gotta give me something to work with.
Hope you have a great time!
I love going to concerts. Carrie Underwood would be fun, even though I don't like the Last Name song. She has such a beautiful voice.
You'll have a great time.
Hey, just letting you know I will be meeting you in Houston. So just leave Steven at home!
See ya soon!!! I'm so excited! I love Carrie Underwood! Thanks Steven!!!
LOL!!!!!!!!! (I can be serious about this if needed!)
I love Carrie Underwood, and even if you don' like the last name song, she still sings it great.
Oh, Carrie is my husband's girlfriend. He LOVES her. He would love to go to her consert!!
I am just glad to spend time with two very special ladies in my life, Ashley and Laura.
love ya,
steven
Have fun at the concert. It sounds like it will be fun, even if the hubs doesn't think so!
Post a Comment