My dear children like to make their own way to Primary on Sundays (since it's not too cool to walk down the hall holding your mom's hand) and I actually like this arrangement alot. I can stop and talk to whomever I want for however long I want.
I always mosey on down eventually to make sure they made it and are doing what they're supposed to. Because you know, inevitably the one time I don't will be the day they play hookey or something. You forget, I am raising my own children, and I do know all the tricks!
So I went to check on the kids, and I peered in the window of my almost 10-year-old's classroom, expecting to see the kids sitting down listening to their teacher. Typical, right?
Except that that's not what I saw. Nope, I saw my daughter standing up on a chair right by the door talking to the whole class.
And then I heard what she was saying.
"I know how to say Idiot in french. Does anyone want to learn how to say it?"
And I watched in
AND THEN, I tapped my fingernail on the glass, to see her turn around, see me, and jump down. Only I also saw her teacher's head swivel around to look also. Can you believe!
Her teacher was in there, watching and letting her teach this!! In church!
So apparently, all of the 9 year old kids at church now can go home and insult their parents. In another language. Compliments of my daughter.
7 comments:
Nice one. Don't you love when they do that kind of stuff?
Oh, and you're waayyy better than me - I don't even check to make sure my four year old makes it!
yeah, 10-year old SCARE me.
HAHAHAHAHA!!! At least, "Idiot" in French sounds romantic, but try "Chicken Butt" in Portugese. Only that wasn't my daughter, it was my HUSBAND!! In his GOSPEL ESSENTIALS CLASS!!! (Remember, I married him...on purpose!)
And thanks for checkin' out my blog! Hope to see you again soon!
as primary pres, i know i should be concerned about that, but im laughing too hard to be..thats good stuff..i mean, that's awful! *snicker*
So being french myself, really I am, I find nothing wrong with that. French people use the word idiot when they describe everything.
Nice. (Laughing here...)
Can't believe the teacher was standing there!
Sometimes that teacher in the class learns more from the students.
Post a Comment