Sunday, October 26, 2008

An Unlikely Target

I know I've addressed this topic before, several times, but really, I just don't understand.

Why must boys insist on peeing outside? I get doing it when there's not a bathroom around, or it's just plain ol nasty one. But to stand off my back patio doing it? NO.

Here's the new rule around my house:

NO PEEING ON THE DOG!

Unfortunately, there was a certain, uh, "accident" by my 8 year old that necessitated this rule.

Unfortunately I was a witness to this event, as I decided to open up the blinds at just the opportune moment.

It was the dog that supposed to be outside peeing. Not the kid. And certainly not using the dog for target practice.

8 comments:

The Sanford Family said...

I just don't know what to say. On my end, it's hilarious. If it were Ethan....not so much. Fortuneatly, he hates peeing anywhere but a toilet.

Amanda said...

That is a good one! Maybe he was giving the dog a lesson and the dog just happened to move into the line of fire????

It could happen!!! I'm just saying!!

Laura said...

OR maybe, since boys just have a natural tendency to want to whip it out in nature, he just thought he'd see what would happen. Luckily the dog quickly jumped out of the line of fire. Gross.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps make the peeing culprit give the dog a bath next time.. if there's a next time.

I know it's not funny to you, but I couldn't help myself. I laughed through this whole post!

Laura said...

Don't worry, he did! It wasn't too bad of a punishment--he loved doing it, so he also got "grounded" from going outside to play for the rest of the day. That one made him sad.

Andrea said...

WHAHAHAHAHHAHA!! That is too funny! Sounds like your boys and my boys could be best friends!! LOL!! Someday I will get my boys to pee in the toilet!! LOL

Unknown said...

See... I told you we shouldn't have gotten the dog. If you didn't get the dog then Jacob wouldn't have tried to pee on it.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE you blog!! :-) Thanks for your comments. :-)