Hey everybody! Laura mowed the grass! Ain't she the greatest!Well, how's bout that? Yes, I freaking mowed the grass. Actually, lets get more detailed. I took the kids to school this morning, ran a mile and a half on the treadmill, took Sydney outside to play while I picked up a buttload of sticks, twigs, limbs and whatever else the kids left in the yard. I then went on like a 45 min. walk with a neighbor to come home and play outside on the trampoline with the baby. When she got whiny I popped her little tush into her bed, gathered my courage and pulled out the lawnmower. Kudos to me for even figuring out how to put in the gas and push the pump button and pull the pull-thingy hard enough to start the machine. For the record, it took me 12 tries. But, by golly, I did it.
To show for it all, I have a great sinus headache, an even better backache and an awesome looking back yard. I have also burned enough calories today to be able to eat whatsoever my big ol heart desires tomorrow, and then next day, and maybe even the next!
Because tomorrow is D-Day. Dum-da-dum-dum...
I will be taking a drive to the big city to bring home my new baby. Ellie weighed in today at 5 pounds and I am told she is absolutely adorable, and "a complete teddy bear."
And I should think, after my pity mow in helping out hubs, who keeps staying up with schoolwork until like 2 a.m., that the dog? A non-issue. For. Sure.
3 comments:
I can't WAIT to see pix of the new baby.
Have a safe trip.
Congrats on the new puppy! It'll be fun for you to watch your kids fall in love with her!!
Again, thanks for helping with the yard even with all of your other challanges. The dog...will always be an issue.
Wish me luck. I am going to attempt another all nighter to get things done because you will be with Jacob and I'll have the others. I am sure that I will get some work done Saturday but I also bet that there will be many distractions.
Love you,
Steven
Post a Comment