Thursday, November 13, 2008

He's Ok Afterall

Let. Me. Tell. You. About this boy I am raising.

I walked outside this morning to see a garbage bag full of trash ripped up on my front yard. To confront this today--one of my biggest PMS (aka, you-know-what-itch)-y days of the month, made me snarl like the dog who did it Did. Not. make me happy.

Guess what else did not make me happy. The garbage bag looked suspiciously like the one that I sent my son outside with last night. Only he took that one and dumped it in the big trash can with the big heavy lid. So He Maintains.

The little booger took out my trash bag and very nicely left it on the grass right by the sidewalk. DID he NOT. THINK. I wouldn't see it in the morning? What goes through their heads?

He didn't enjoy picking up all of the teensy pieces of white plastic shredded in the grass while we waited in the van with the heater and the radio tunes. But I didn't really enjoy sitting and watching him either.

Fast Forward a few hours. I checked him out from school, and after his dr. appt, we hit Michael's 80% off sale. This aggravatingly adorable child begged me to buy him a flower. A big bright yellow sunflower. PUL-EEEEEEEEZZZEEE MMMMMOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!

I took a quick break from my flower digging, and glanced over at him to see his little knees bouncing up and down while he was begging. He HAD to have that flower.

"Ok Jacob, WHY do you need me to buy you that flower?"

"So I can give it to my teacher!!"

If I can just keep him from making my house look like the Sanford and Son of the neighborhood, we'll be good.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay.. how are you making those pics look so awesome?!! I love that pic of Jake and the dog.. and I love the one of the babies' painted toes.. how adorable!

Carolina girl said...

Love the picture!

Mia said...

Oh those frustrating moments!!! Then those tender ones... Keeps us on our toes for sure.

Amanda said...

Boys will be boys!!! They just don't quite like to help out! Or maybe that is just a kid thing!!!

Camille said...

Cute picture!! If it was my boy he would blame everything on his baby brother!

Andrea said...

Boys, they care so sweet, yet, so distructive. Yes, that is it. My boys can walk into my living room and have it a disaster area in about .5 seconds. I will then be soooo mad. But then they will cuddle with me on the couch and give me kisses. But that is just boys, little tazmainian devils.

Jennifer said...

someone's been playing on photoshop :-)

Shauna said...

Hey great blog you have here :) Thanks for sharing!