Sunday, November 30, 2008

I'm on a Roll

Little Squiddy is one lucky little princess. Of course, it doesn't help that she's so amazingly cute, with equal parts sweet and rotten, and she's the youngest. AND that she's the only kid that doesn't yell NO at me when I make them mad. This alone seriously makes her my favorite child. For the time being.

Since she treats me so well, she gets pretty good perks. One of which being, that in spite of all her hand me down toys--eliminating the need for me to buy her new ones!--she still gets some new stuff. But instead of getting all the crappy baby ones they outgrown by 12 months, I've had the luxury of being selective. This is why she got the soft, pink upholstered chair for her birthday (along with the three layer cake and princess tutu and outfit to wear)(hmmm...but that all makes her sound so pampered--this stuff was all homemade). With her being the last of four kids, I have to spend better, while still spoiling her silly! (At least I think I do this!)

This weekend, I proved myself right. I do spend better. I've been on a misson for months now to get the child some sort of CUTE rocking toy. Horse, elephant, unicorn, whatever. As long as it rocks, doesn't cost me a fortune in shipping, and doesn't look like it'll fall apart the first time she climbs on it.

I was pretty bummed the other night when I was surfing the net for a rocker. Either the toy was on sale and shipping was a nightmare, or the shipping was free and the toy was outrageous. Stupid toy companies.

Then enters Amazon. My last hope. And I found her. Hazel the Hippo. $24.00 with $6.95 shipping. I thought I was gonna pee my pants. NO WAY!!! There was no freaking way this toy was this cheap. So I googled the hippo's name, and I found the pricey boutiques selling her, and they priced her in the range of $90-120 plus shipping!

Well, long story short, I poured over the amazon page comparing it to the other sites. Making sure I wasn't ordering some minature look-alike doll house toy, right? Dimensions are the same, everything is the freaking same!!! HOW???!!!

And then I thought, How? What am I crazy? Who cares how? This is your blessing!

So I'm anxiously awaiting Hazel's arrival, wringing my hands and unable to sleep. Crazy, huh. I know there are deals galore all over the internet right now, many unadvertised. Did I really get this good of a deal?

(I'll update this one as it happens! It's awesome!)


The Breast Cancer Site

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh that hippo is too dang cute!! I love her!! Sydney will too. You are such a super shopper!! I am trying to get more savy! It's really tuff.

I need to learn how to work CVS. I know Andrea gets awesome deals there too.

Camille said...

WOW! That is a cute hippo! I'm trying really hard not to be jealous!

JNew said...

that'll make a great Christmas present

Mia said...

That thing is seriously cute! I hope you both love it.

Anonymous said...

Laura's next job is to snag us a super large, flat screen TV for under 50 bucks!

You have set the bar really high with your shopping abilities...now lets put those abilities to some really good use.

(Not like we watch a whole lot of TV anyways. Tigers have let us down, so we don't even watch all that much football.)

Love you, hope you are feeling better.

Steven